“Our first visit was a good experience.”

Quaker Steak & Lube
Ranked #27 of 173 Restaurants in Brick
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 30, 2013

An interesting Gas Station themed place with lots to look at.
We sat at the bar and were immediately greeted by one of three friendly bartenders.
She was very helpful explaining the menu and happy hour specials.
Started with the Grilled Boneless wings with Thai ‘R’ Cracker sauce.
Good, tasty and not dried out.

Entrees were the Mango Habanero Salmon and the Revved-Up Ribeye, with choice of salad and several sides.
All very tasty, cooked as ordered and reasonably priced.

I'd be remiss without mentioning how good the service was. Friendly, helpful, and attentive.

I've saved my nit picking for last.
It's the plain vanilla, watery beer selection; along with a few tasteless Fake-Craft beers thrown in: Blue Moon (Molson Coors) and Wild Blue (Anheuser-Busch Inbev) Leinenkugel's Summer Shanty (Miller) to name a few.
It's a shame, since two of NJ's best craft brewers (Carton and Kane) are less than 30 minutes away.
We'll be back to try the wings next time.

1  Thank RickNewJersey

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Compared to a certain restaurant that serves almost the same exact food, this place is so much more reasonably priced, and you get a table much quicker! Their wings are really good (boneless or bone-in) and they have weekly specials you just can't beat. It is always packed but somehow we never have to wait. Their waitstaff is awesome, considering we have had like 10 different waiters/waitresses and loved every one of them. I enjoy the sandwiches I have had and so has everyone we've brought. One of my personal favorite things is that their fried pickles are an entire pickle fried instead of the little slices, dream come true! They have lube tubes that are a great deal if you are going out with a lot of people, but they really have something for everyone. If you have kids they bring their meal out in a festive little cardboard race car. The place is lined with TV's you are guaranteed to see whatever game you came to watch. We drive about a half hour to it all the time because it is a really fun place to go!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Food overall was just your average fast food type of place and service was slow after we ordered. Place was also extremely loud and hard to have a conversation.

1  Thank MrAruba
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Finally, a restaurant atmosphere unlike anything else recently. The whole muscle car motif was fun for the kids as well as my wife and I. LOVED the wings. Good food, good service, good price. The menu was fun to look through and the offerings were not the same stuff available at every restaurant. Theirs was basics with some fun twists and very tasty.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Husband and I thought we would check this place out with just a quick drink at the bar and perhaps try the supposed best wings in the world - or something like that! We told Hostess we would sit at the bar and went to bar where we sat for a good 10 minutes w/o being noticed! Bartenders kept their backs to us and continued to unload boxes of glasses. We got up and left and believe me we are patient people but the lack of acknowledgement was unbearable! In exiting the hostess looked baffled and I told her "apparently we are invisible". My husband said "you should do something about your bartenders". We exited the building with incoming customers looking concerned and the hostess ran out after us saying she would get a manager for us. We said NO THANKS! Yeah, if we spoke to a manager the bartenders probably would be angry and do horrible things to our drinks and food! This appears to be your standard chain food restaurant and I will not waste my time checking out any others.

Been to Quaker Steak & Lube? Share your experiences!