“Great Hotel For A Business Trip”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Bridgewater Branchburg/Somerville
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Branchburg
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Hotel For A Business Trip”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

This hotel has all the amenities I want—tasty free breakfast, nice workout room, free Internet and jelly beans in the lobby! The rooms are clean and large with refrigerators and microwaves. And it's close to a Wegman's grocery store, which makes life easier when you're trying to eat healthy on a business trip. My favorite hotel in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
BanishMakadia, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Bridgewater Branchburg/Somerville, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you for your review on The Holiday Inn express Branchburg. We love when our guest are happy, smiling and relaxed. We look forward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I brought a large group (80-100 people) to this hotel on Memorial Day weekend for a baseball tournament. Had never stayed here before. I can not say enough good things about it. Andrea the manager was incredible! She was extremely knowledgeable, works very hard and has the patience of a saint, she handled the confusion of 3 baseball teams checking in at the same time with ease. Holiday Inn better give her a raise or someone is gonna scoop her up quick.
Everything in the hotel is extremely clean and the staff is great. The breakfast is more than sufficient to start your day. The beds and pillows were very comfortable.
I was the groups organizer and I did not hear 1 complaint from anyone.

Highly recommend!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
BanishMakadia, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Bridgewater Branchburg/Somerville, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
First I would like to say that your Baseball group was not only a pleasure to have stay with us but very respectful of the hotel and the employees. We welcome you and your group back at any time. Thank you for choosing The Holiday Inn and we look forward to your next stay with us.
Simi Valley, California
Reviewed May 10, 2014

My wife and I recently stayed here when flying home for a funeral. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is conveniently located close to the intersections of 202/206/22/287 (about 5 minutes from Bridgewater Mall). Leaving the hotel, you can only make a right onto 202, but can easily turn around at the next traffic light. While not a home-made breakfast, it is nice not to have to leave the hotel to get a bite to eat in the morning. Coffee and tea are available all day. Our room was very clean, and most importantly, quiet. I would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
BanishMakadia, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Bridgewater Branchburg/Somerville, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel we appreciate all the comments.
Southern NJ
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I checked in for a Sunday night before a snowstorm was scheduled to hit where I live. This hotel is close to the site where I'm working so it was a convenient place to stay. Checking in was fast and the front desk person was nice. The room was really nice with everything in good condition. Being close to a busy road, you would think that it might a noisy but it definitley was not. There was a wide assortment of food for breakfast. I recommend the automatic pancake maker. Press 1 button and you get 2 freshly made pancakes (They taste better than you think). For the area, I think it is just a little pricey.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express for your stay. We appreciate your business as well as you feed back.
Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I stayed for one night while traveling on business. Not fancy, but clean and comfortable. Very large bed. Quiet. Staff were especially polite, night and morning shift. Complimentary breakfast was decent.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We hope to have you back to stay with us.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I know the staff is going out of their way to try and make your stay comfortable, but for the love of god, these breakfast foods will poison you. I mean I know this isn't an upscale hotel, but how much do real eggs cost that you can't even find them for breakfast? They serve the frozen omelettes that were reheated, and bacon that looks like cardboard paper. Not having a real, unprocessed breakfast option is enough reason why I will not stay here again

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
BanishMakadia, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Bridgewater Branchburg/Somerville, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thank you for your review Christina. Unfortunately IHG mandates what we must serve for breakfast. I am sorry you were unable to find another alternative for breakfast with our other options. IHG is in the process of adding more to our breakfast menu and hope you will find something that suits you in the future.
Buffalo, Minnesota
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I travel a lot. I stay in a lot of hotels. Most of them are in that “premium” category. So I wasn’t too thrilled about staying at a Holiday Inn Express. But after a five night stay at this property, I’m a believer in this brand and this recent trip will be remembered as one of my favorite lodging experiences in my 20 years on the road.

First, the surprising décor in the lobby; clean and dare I say a bit luxurious. Perfect filtered water for the water snob and a jar of jelly beans were always on hand! The front desk staff; Nicole, Mike, Percey and Shamara were exemplary representatives of what customer service SHOULD be. These four had exuded warmth, compassion for the weary traveler and hospitality that is as good, if not better, than most concierges provide in even the best luxury hotels in New York or Las Vegas.

Speaking of hospitality…

On the first night, I met Andrea, the General Manager. Andrea concerned herself so much about guest comfort, I often wondered how all the work in the back office was getting done. If I was in the lobby at 6am for breakfast - she was there. If I came wondering in at 11pm after a drink at the local watering hole - she was there. She was a consummate innkeeper. We met during “Meet Your Neighbors” night; a gathering where fellow travelers could swap war stories over a drink. We enjoyed free wine, great local beer, cheeses and even some chicken wings. Andrea poured and chatted it up with all of us – as if we were the most interesting people in the world.

During my five day stay, two of them were declared a "State of Emergency" due to extreme winter weather. Andrea had the wherewithal to slip a note under each door to warn that we could lose power, staff might be limited and to prepare to stay indoors. She drove my colleague and I to the grocery store to stock up on food and then picked us up again! And regardless of weather – my colleague and I had to travel to our work site. Taxi companies refused to send drivers, understandably so. But Andrea made sure that the night before, the hotel shuttle was tucked under the front entrance awning and had it warmed up and ready to go at 7am. She risked it to make sure we got to work on time. Jose – the property’s “everything man” also drove us to important appointments even though the Governor himself told him not to! (don't worry - we were only going a mile in any direction!)

From free movie rentals to the hospitality hour to the free local shuttle and the VERY comfortable beds and beautiful décor – I’d say that Branchburg made such an impression that I’ll start actively searching for other Holiday Inn Express hotels for my future travels. Thank you!

David from Minneapolis

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank davidgulrich
BanishMakadia, Director of Sales at Fairfield Inn & Suites Bridgewater Branchburg/Somerville, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Mr. Ulrich
I would like to thank you for your wonderful review. You will go down as one of our favorite guests here at the hotel it was our pleasure to make sure that you and all our guest are always safe and taken care of when staying with us. We look forward to your return in the future.
Andrea
Also consider these accommodations in or near Branchburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Bridgewater / Branchburg
HYATT house Bridgewater
HYATT house Bridgewater
#1 of 6 in Bridgewater
Hilton Garden Inn Bridgewater

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Bridgewater Branchburg/Somerville? Share your experiences!