“Great steak!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Rue Noir Steakhouse - CLOSED

Rue Noir Steakhouse
Cuisines: American, French, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Readington Road
Hartford, Connecticut
“Great steak!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

This was the best steak I've had in a long time. The atmosphere is nice and the food and service were excellent. I do have to say it's a little expensive for what you get. The portions are a little light and the beer I had came in a fancy glass, but it didn't hold too much. Overall it's a nice place to go if you're looking for a more upscale place.

• Visited February 2014

Lebanon, New Jersey
“New chef, great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

I previously reviewed Rue Noir after having a terrible experience. The owner, Nick, invited me back after employing a new Executive Chef and he has hit the mark. The fresh breads, homemade desserts, excellent steak selections and happy hour bites are all delicious. Based on my improved experience, I actually coordinated a catered event through them which received top responses for the quality of the food!

It is a definite "must-try" place if you have not. I think you will enjoy it!

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank 367peterw367
Bedminster, New Jersey
“The return of Rue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

I met my cousin at Nik' s Steakhouse last night for happy hour and dinner. The place is absolutely beautiful. Great atmosphere and a relaxing setting. Happy hour was great. The drinks were $5.00 and so was the wine. The $6.00 appetizers were an excellent start to my meal. I had the southern fried chicken skewers with buffalo sauce and the hand rolled BBQ pork wontons. They were amazing. I ordered the Petit Filet with mashed potatoes and asparagus. My steak was cooked to perfection, and the sides were equally impressive. Chef Q came out to speak with us and make sure that everything was to our satisfaction. He is a definite asset to this restaurant. Great place for a relaxing meal with friends, date night, or a quick burger. Way to go!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Bobbie H
Durango, Colorado
“Great Steaks as Well as Other Choices!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

We had occasion to dine at Rue Noir twice! My husband and I ate there by ourselves and had wonderful steak entree's! The second time we suggested eating there with family we were visiting. All our meals were just as delicious as well as great service.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank JM0723
Clinton, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Art on a Plate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

My wife and I came in for dinner Friday. We were greeted by staff and sat at a table by the raw bar and meat display. We saw who we assumed to be the chef making desserts. The place has a nice décor. We saw other tables around us enjoying their meals. We ordered the beets and frisee salad, which came out promptly and was very good. My wife ordered the French chicken breast with saffron risotto. I had the braised short ribs with the mustered spatzel and red cabbage confit.....WOW! Both entrees were amazing!!!!! Didn't have room for dessert this time but we will be back. Great job guys

• Visited November 2013