“The best Steak experience outside of New York City!”
Review of Rue Noir Steakhouse - CLOSED

Rue Noir Steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Readington Road
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Working in New York York City has exposed me to the best restaurants in the world. I am a regular at many steakhouses in Manhattan including Uncle Jacks who also caterers some of my events and I must say that Rue delivers the goods on all levels. The seafood is also incredible. Be sure to try their lobster which is out of this world. Like to smoke cigars? They have a great outside patio with each table having its own firepit and on a clear night the experience is first class. Being a foodie I have also visited the local completion and they just don't measure up to the experience offered by Rue Noir. I have visted this fine place on numerous occasions and it just gets better all the time. When in Central Jersey their is only one place to go for Steak and Seafood. Visit Rue Noir today.

Ron

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We had the MOST ridiculously tasting burger at Rue Noir! I couldnt believe my taste buds so I had to ask the chef what the secret was and why it was priced so low! Well apparently Rue Noir mixes their own burger recipe. No packaged off-the-shelf ground beef here people! It's the real deal. It's the kind my mother used to make back in the day -- succulent, juicy, melts in your mouth kinda deal! If this was my restaurant, I would charge 2X more!

Im hoping they keep this on the menu for a long time because it was delicous!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

It was a bad night all around. Started with not having Belvidere vodka, burnt bread in the onion soup ending with steaks that were delivered raw three times (Chateaubriand, NY strip and filet). Our chicken appetizer was over cooked as well as one of the filets. The Thai shrimp had a mild ammonia taste to which indicates it wasn’t fresh. There were also significant delays in bringing out the food which would indicate issues in the kitchen. The owner was gracious in his less than finest hour and did the right thing ... did not charge us for the returned steaks and offered complementary after dinner drinks. He felt so bad he asked us to wait, cooked them some more and gave them to us to go ... a classy act.
This was a former diner had still has the diner feel to it. Prices for non-aged steaks were very, very high. Tough “to swallow” eating a $58 steak. Having said that this particular steak was cooked to perfection and was very, very good so there is potentials].
Note that there were many empty tables which might be an indication that others have also had a bad experience.

1  Thank MrOcho
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Dinner for 2 cost us $150. food was good, but for the price we should have been wowed. also, the night was not busy when we went, and we were seated in the bar area. again, for top pricing we should have been seated in the quieter dining area. The chateaubriand was very good (not excellent) everything else was ok. If the experience matched the pricing, or the pricing matched the experience all would be good, but it did not. the waitress was very nice.The manager lurks around like a bouncer, which feels kind of creepy, he should at least introduce himself if he's going to do that.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Rue noir just opened on e month ago. We went Easter Sunday. It was quite nice. Elegant wood work ,tile walls and leather seats . High end bar with experience bar tender. Fight of beer samplers 6 per trial . French martini 12$ was tasty. Morocan chicken delicious ap or meal. Calimari in rice power good. I had braise duck absolutely delicious done perfect big helping 8-10 slices, I took half home . One guest had Mac and cheese but it was special one had 6 oz filet very good 22$. Every thing is ala cart veggies 6$ baked potato 4$ salads good. They also are basically a Guten free place they tell the 3-4 items that are not (( GF. Cheese cake excellent with a hint of lemon chocolate cake very rich flour free yum.
even coffee was good
manager , a well fed gent, very helpful knew menu from personally trials. Waitress sweet friendly . We are going back this week for a birthday dinner. that's the best recommendation

1  Thank none422