“Great food, atmosphere and prices”
Review of Masala Art

Masala Art
Ranked #6 of 38 Restaurants in Branchburg
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Lambertville, New Jersey
“Great food, atmosphere and prices”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We recently dined at this Branchburg restaurant, nestled in an unassuming strip mall next to a Subway and Dunkin. We had passed it for years, and following a trip to India noticed some things on the menu that looked authentic. We are glad we tried Masala Art, and plan to go back often. We started with the Onion Bhajia, which was prepared with just the right amount of spice and served with a tamirand chutney. The Aloo Parentha was also tasty and filled with spiced potato. Our main dishes, including the Baingam Bhurtha, tender eggplant and spices and Chicken Tikka were both delicious. My husband had the Vegetable Thali, a combination of three vegetable curries and soup, which was just like we had in India. Including all the appetizers, 3 mains, and 2 desserts our bill was only $60. I highly recommend Masala Art.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Heidi D

Lebanon, New Jersey
1,111 restaurant reviews
“Excellent food, service, and atmosphere”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I had eaten here for lunch - the buffet - and found it very good, so tried sit-down dinner. Very impressed. We started with Onion Baji and Aloo Papdi Chat. I enjoy the onion always - would rank theirs as good. The chat had a very nice flavor and mouth feel. Both - at under $4 - are excellent value apps. For dinner we had Lamb Pasanda - cubes with spicy almond taste and Goa Macchi - fish with coconut in sauce. We found both to be excellent. Service was spot on - never had to ask or wait for anything. My wife likes the décor. Great meal/experience for under $50 total. BYO. Note: We went on Thursday. Wednesday night is buffet night - so expect a crowd I suspect.

• Visited October 2013
Flemington, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Masala Art”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We love Indian food and go there every week. Food is always excellent as is the service.

Have tried loads of different dishes and they have all been excellent.

• Visited August 2013
Flemington NJ
“Basic Indian Buffet fare”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We have been to Masala Art about half a dozen times, all for the buffet. The food is basic buffet food and taste ok. I do have an issue with the lamb koftas-they have an odd taste to them that I associate with something that was cooked before time and reheated. I just can't put my finger on it-saying that, the tandoori is very good, as are the desserts. The price is good for the buffet and we will go back, I will just stay away from the koftas. Overall, I prefer Divine Curry in Hillsborough-food is very fresh.

Visited August 2013
Yardley, Pennsylvania
“Respectable”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Our table of 4 had 2 people who like Indian food and 2 who are less "adventurous" eaters. All enjoyed the meal (although one person who didn't like spicy food found even the mild seasoning a bit too rich -- no fault of the restaurant). We shared 2 appys and 4 entrees -- chicken and lamb were high quality cuts of meat -- eggplant was tasty, shrimp was very spicy but a bit over cooked. Service was professional and attentive.

• Visited August 2013