“Excellent food, service, and atmosphere”
Review of Masala Art

Masala Art
Ranked #3 of 39 Restaurants in Branchburg
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I had eaten here for lunch - the buffet - and found it very good, so tried sit-down dinner. Very impressed. We started with Onion Baji and Aloo Papdi Chat. I enjoy the onion always - would rank theirs as good. The chat had a very nice flavor and mouth feel. Both - at under $4 - are excellent value apps. For dinner we had Lamb Pasanda - cubes with spicy almond taste and Goa Macchi - fish with coconut in sauce. We found both to be excellent. Service was spot on - never had to ask or wait for anything. My wife likes the décor. Great meal/experience for under $50 total. BYO. Note: We went on Thursday. Wednesday night is buffet night - so expect a crowd I suspect.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We love Indian food and go there every week. Food is always excellent as is the service.

Have tried loads of different dishes and they have all been excellent.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We have been to Masala Art about half a dozen times, all for the buffet. The food is basic buffet food and taste ok. I do have an issue with the lamb koftas-they have an odd taste to them that I associate with something that was cooked before time and reheated. I just can't put my finger on it-saying that, the tandoori is very good, as are the desserts. The price is good for the buffet and we will go back, I will just stay away from the koftas. Overall, I prefer Divine Curry in Hillsborough-food is very fresh.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Our table of 4 had 2 people who like Indian food and 2 who are less "adventurous" eaters. All enjoyed the meal (although one person who didn't like spicy food found even the mild seasoning a bit too rich -- no fault of the restaurant). We shared 2 appys and 4 entrees -- chicken and lamb were high quality cuts of meat -- eggplant was tasty, shrimp was very spicy but a bit over cooked. Service was professional and attentive.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Excellent Indian Food with crisp clean flavors. More than willing to help out beginners in understanding indian food. My 14 year old wants to eat garlic Naan for every meal. Whole range of spices available. One of the best for this type of food in the area. Hard to find if you don't know where it is in strip mall We have been there three or four times over the last year and it has always been great

1  Thank s w

Been to Masala Art? Share your experiences!