“Always my choice for a business trip!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of HYATT house Branchburg

HYATT house Branchburg
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Branchburg
Rochester, New York, United States
“Always my choice for a business trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

My work takes me to this area of New Jersey at least a couple of times a year, and I always choose to stay at the Hyatt House (formerly Hotel Sierra). The room is always squeaky clean and comfortable, with a big flat-screen TV in both the living area and in the bedroom. I love having a full-size refrigerator, a microwave, dishwasher, and small stove (with a little store downstairs where you can buy a frozen dinner, salad, or sandwiches if you arrive on a late flight and are hungry). The best part about staying here is the complimentary breakfast in the morning featuring an omelet station, or just cereal, yogurt, or baked goods if you need to grab and go. Plus the "evening social" is terrific, featuring wine and beer with cheese and crackers, salads, soups, and at least one hot item each evening Monday through Thursday. After a long day of work it is great to come back and relax with a glass of wine and something to eat, and not have to worry about going out for a meal. There is a grocery store catty-corner across the street if you wish to buy something yourself, and a big Wegman's is on Route 202, not too far away.

I always make use of the fitness center when I'm here, and recently the hotel has upgraded to very nice treadmills with built-in TVs or iPod docking areas.

The welcome is always friendly when I arrive, and it's nice to be wished a "good morning" or "good evening" as I come and go.

The only complaint I have had during my many stays here is that sometimes there is noise in the room from the HVAC or from the refrigerator (especially if the ice maker is on and dropping ice in the middle of the night!). I solved this problem easily by closing the double doors between the bedroom and living areas.

This will remain my choice for a home away from home.

Room Tip: Be careful when booking - the last time I accidentally booked a handicapped-accessible room. Althoug...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
West Henrietta NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights with my daughter and 2 granddaughters. The room was very comfortable and clean. We really appreciated the complimentary breakfast each morning before we were on our way. The hotel is easy to get to and close to Flemington and Somerville. I plan on staying here again in June when I'll be going to a wedding in Bridgewater NJ.

Room Tip: If you plan on using the sofa bed, the room is somewhat difficult to get around in...kind of tight.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Lancaster, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Stayed at Hyatt House Branchburg just one night, a Saturday. The place was UNBELIEVABLY clean, the room, the common areas, everything.

And our room was large, one King bed as we requested, full (if "miniature") kitchen, which we didn't use, but looked quite functional, even down to a dishwasher and garbage disposal, sitting area with couch that converted to bed (I think, we didn't need, just hubby & I). All, as my Grandma used to say, "so clean you could eat off the floors".

Complimentary breakfast was very good, not a huge selection, but quality food with made to order omelets, and the "omelet guy" was particularly helpful & friendly. Wish I could say that for the rest of the staff, especially the front desk. Not so friendly at check-in. I should add we booked directly through Hyatt, but did request early arrival, 2pm, instead of their normal 4pm check in time. And front desk was downright USELESS around midnight when I discovered their were toiletry items missing.

The room was quiet, even though in the halls and lobby you could tell there were large groups of youths, probably for a baseball tournament. Well handled.

I'd stay there again, but the lack of enthusiasm by the front desk was disconcerting.

Room Tip: If you care, in the rooms on the Rt 22 side, you can hear the dull background of the highway noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lseamans
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stay at the Hyatt Branchburg a couple of times a year with our baseball team. The hotel staff is friendly, the rooms are spacious and clean and the complimentary breakfast is convenient. The location is excellent - offering supermarket and restaurant access in the immediate vicinity. Modell's isn't too far away for those last minute emergency purchases. Team Mom's - this is the perfect place to stay with miniature golf within walking distance and outdoor pool adjacent to barbecue area. Its the perfect place to relax after a long day of games and still keep an eye on your kids. Will keep going again and again because this hotel never disappoints. TEAM BASEBALL HEAVEN - YAPHANK, NY

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank bgarcia171
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is clearly a property that offers rooms on Hotwire but treats "guests" that book in that manner as second class! I was traveling with my son and we were given a room with one queen bed. When I asked if we could get two beds, the guy at the desk went to ask someone in the back. He returned to say that if Hotwire books you into a certain room, it can't be changed. Everyone knows this isn't true as I have had decent hotels change the room type gladly. WhenI told him this, he claimed they were "fully booked through the weekend." This was an absolute lie as we never saw more tun 20 cars parked around the entire property during the five nights we were there. We also never saw more than 5 other people down at their free breakfast which included almost raw oatmeal submerged beneath 4" of murky water. I tried to get some help through Hotwire, but they lied to them as well with the "fully booked" line. We returned to the room at almost 4:00 pm yesterday to find it hadn't been cleaned. When I called the front desk, I was snidely asked "Is there a certain time you'd like your room cleaned?" I would think by 4:00 pm that was a ridiculous question. Word of warning if you book through Hotwire...be prepared for the worst.

Room Tip: Don't use Hotwire or Priceline!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Ray K
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

My family stayed at this hotel last week. It is in a good location right off RT 22 and easy to get in and out of.

We booked a room with two double beds and a sofa bed, but when we got to our room we realized that we needed a one bedroom with a door seperating it from the living room. These rooms seem so much more spacious and give others more privacy.

We had some minor issues that the staff quickly fixed.

The manager's reception was nice with drinks and hot food provided. We did not have to eat out a single time, which made it for a nice stay.

The kids played basketball outside with a ball they checked out at the desk.

All in all, it was a nice stay.

Room Tip: The halls are very long. I would request a room close to the front elevators.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Easy drive to my office in Bridgewater, also on Rt 22. I arrived around 6:40pm and had a quick check in. Since there was only 20 minutes left of the social hour, I decided to have a drink and something to eat before heading to my room. It was nice that they had a couple of beers on tab and there was plenty of food. I then grabbed my bags from the car and headed to the room. The room was large and well appointed, I really liked the layout. I also liked that they had "soothing sounds" playing from the bed side clock... I actually left it on, just turned it down a bit. Nice touch. I didn't use the kitchen amenities, but may be would have if I stashed some ramen noodles in my carry-on... College flashback! No restaurants nearby, but they seem to have a pretty robust delivery system in place. I ate plenty at the social hour, so I didn't try that either. I did try the on-site "store" and picked up some beers for the room - price was descent and it was nice not having to leave the property. I agree that walls are a bit thin and could here people walking around, closing doors, running water, but it didn't bother me too much. WIFI was good, no problems there. Breakfast was good, nothing super special, but good enough to start the day. All in all, good visit, I'd stay here again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Branchburg
HYATT house Bridgewater
Bridgewater Marriott
Bridgewater Marriott
#3 of 6 in Bridgewater
Fairfield Inn & Suites Bridgewater Branchburg/Somerville

Been to HYATT house Branchburg? Share your experiences!