“Good Value for the Price”

Residence Inn Bridgewater Branchburg
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Branchburg
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We stayed here for two nights in February, for a family event nearby, and other family members stayed at the hotel, as well. This was our second stay in a Residence Inn in two months (the other one being in Alexandria, VA), and both rooms had the identical layouts. We thought the room was clean and furnishings were all in good condition. The kitchen area is equipped with the basics, and was also clean. It seemed like everyone in our group, about six rooms total, had a similar positive experience. The breakfast area is a bit small for the size of the hotel, but that's probably not too much of an inconvenience most of the time. The kids also used the pool and enjoyed it, and there's a small exercise room. Overall a good experience – good value for the price.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank skgbos
Michael B, General Manager at Residence Inn Bridgewater Branchburg, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks you knidly for choosing to stay with us recently, and thank you also for sharing you experience here on TripAdvisor. We are thrilled that your group as well as yourself had an enjoyable stay with us. We are also pleased to hear that the chilren in you group took the time to enjoy the Pool and Fitness Center. We truly appriciate your review of our property and will pass on your positive comments to our staff.

Please visit us when you find yourself in our area again.

Michael P. Boyle, GM

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Bridgewater Branchburg

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Spent one night here on the way north. It is about 10 miles off I78 east. The king bed room was very spacious. Nice sofa and chair area with a dining table, desk, large fridge, dishwasher, microwave. TV is positioned to swivel towards bed or sofa. Only one TV so if you like to watch different things than spouse be prepared. Bath very nice with sink separate from toilet area, which I like. Shower was a rain head which had adjustable settings. Plenty of storage for clothes, food and dishes. The outside doors close rather loudly, so if the neighbors come and go a lot, you might be bothered. No real complaints just a few things we noticed that could be better. The dishes were still in the dishwasher from the last person. They looked clean, but just not put away. Not sure if that is common. The toiletry samples did not have any shampoo. They do allow pets here, evidenced by the dog that barked a few times near us. The free breakfast included hot and cold items. We got our breakfast before the 20 teenage girls who were there for a sleep away birthday party showed up. Why do people think it is OK to walk around everywhere in the pajamas or barefoot? Not just teens either. Anyway, overall a very nice property. I would definitely come back.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Laura99

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your stay with all the users of TripAdvisor! We always appriciate input of any kind from our customers and are thrilled when we see a mostly positive review.
I'm sorry your dishes were not properly stocked upon your arrival. This is certainly not the way we typically do things when preparing a Suite for occupancy. Please accept my sincere apologies.
I'm glad you enjoyed the room layout and that you had an enjoyable stay with us, Please come to see us again.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I have stayed her numerous times the past 1-2 years, always being the preferred choice. After the most recent stay I will not return. We stayed in a one bedroom suite that was filthy. We were offered room freshener for the horrid smell of smoke, animal and food. The kitchen appliances were bathed in sticky grease. It was actually caked on. Inside of microwave have food splatters and hair. Shower did not appear clean as another round of hair (private kind) found in there as well. Both nights we gently expressed our concern to two different ladies at the counter and were reassured the room would be "deep cleaned". That didn't happen either. It was only at 11:30PM did one girl offer to change our room, at that time our daughter had already been asleep. She was very apologetic and stated she would have her manager provide us with 10,000 reward points for the inconvenience but we didn't see that either. It appears as though there may be new management as there is NO pride in this hotel. I asked one of the girls to have the GM visit the room to see its condition, but never did hear or see him.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Theresa S
Michael B, General Manager at Residence Inn Bridgewater Branchburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear Theresa S,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I would like to sincerely apologize for the shortcomings you experienced during your time with us, this is certainly not representative of the typical accomodations and service that we strive to provide. Please contact me at your convienence so that I may speak with you personally and do my best to rectify the situation and compensate you accordingly.

Very Truly Yours,

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We just spent 3 nights at this pet friendly hotel and it was great. Extremely well located for our needs, the 2 bedroom suite was well appointed and very clean. It made our Christmas stay very pleasant. Since my family was just down the street, we did not take advantage of any of the meals that were provided but they looked well attended when I was in the lobby area. Very nice hotel and I will return again in the future.

Room Tip: The front desk made sure we had a room convenient for walking our dog, we did not need to make that...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Pam H

Dear Pam H.

Thank you kindly for your wonderful review of our hotel here on TripAdvisor. It is so great to hear from our guests. I very pleased that we were able to contribute to your enjoyment of the Holiday season. It's a pity you were not able to partake in any of our complimentary meals, but I can tell you from experience, they are always enjoyable. Thanks again for posting such terrific comments and we look forward to seeing again whenever you are in the area.

Michael P. Boyle , GM

Reviewed January 1, 2014

On our yearly trip to Florida from NH we usually stay in this area, although closer to the highway. On this years' trip we left a day early because of expected bad weather and I wanted to find a hotel where we could stay for two days, with our pet, but in a comfortable environment.

This residence inn fit the bill. We had a one bedroom king suite. It was small but well laid out and we were able to relax and enjoy the football games on Sunday rather then drive in the bad weather.

There is a $100 pet fee. That's steep and I would never stay for just one night with a pet because of it. But over two nights...plus we got a pretty good rate for the room itself.

The front staff was wonderful. Very friendly and helpful. We didn't use the pool or exercise room but they looked great. My husband went down to the breakfast each morning and he thought it was just fine.

We had a handicap room and that was fine but the sink was outside of the bathroom, really not convenient for two people sharing a room. I assume regular rooms have the sink inside, but you might want to check this out if you think it would be a problem.

This hotel is on the east side of a divided highway. If you know NJ/PA roads like this you know to look for the turn around areas or exits in order to go in the opposite direction. Your GPS may not look like it knows where its going...but you might want to trust it...we almost didn't because it seemed wrong, but it turned out to be the right way to go.

We would stay at this hotel again, with or without our pet.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank luv-to-travel-NH

Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for your review and for sharing it with all the folks onTripadvisor. We are thrilled to see that you had a relaxing stay and were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast offering. I will let my assocites know that they have been glowingly reviewed on TripAdvisor and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Have a great day!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel many times while visiting family. I booked our two bedroom suite months ago and requested a rollaway bed when booking. On the morning of our stay, I called and confirmed the rollaway bed. When we arrived, no rollaway bed was available as several had either been broken or presumably given away to other guests. When we complained to the manager the next morning, he didn't seem to care all that much. We also had to complain about late night noise for the second time in two stays. I would not recommend this hotel to families with young kids or anyone that might need something during their stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Michael B, General Manager at Residence Inn Bridgewater Branchburg, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Good Day Lisa R.,

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recenty stay with us. I'm dreadfully sorry that you were not satisfied with your experience, and that we were unable to meet your request for additional bedding. Noise issues at our hotel are a rare occurance, however we do occasionally have a boisterous guest that compromises the enjoyment of neighboring guest, and I'm sorry to hear that you were victimized. I also would like to apologize that your complaint was not properly addressed the following morning. Please feel free to contact me directly if you are in our area again so that I may personally see to you complete comfort and satisfaction as you stay as my guest.

Have a Happy and safe New Year!

Michael P. Boyle, GM

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Nice hotel targeted to the business traveler who stays several days to several weeks. Room really more of a small studio apt. Has kitchen with microwave, full-size refrigerator, small cooktop and table. Also separate "living room" area. Decent hot buffet breakfast. There's a basketball court out back, and I believe there's also a pool and exercise room. Seems to be a newer facility, excellent condition.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Michael B, General Manager at Residence Inn Bridgewater Branchburg, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Seasons Greetings!!
Thanks you so very much for your kind words with regard to your recent visit with us!
We are thrilled when we hear back from a happy guest, and you certainly qualify!
You are also exactly right with your comment about the type of hotel we are. We are indeed an "Extended-Stay" property, however we are also very capable of accomodating short term visitors as well. We offer a complimentary hot breakfast to all our guests and provide evening meals and cocktails Monday through Thursday...."On the House"!!

I will be sure to let our assocites know of your satisfaction and encourage them to keep up the responsible efforts.

Thank you again very much for your glowing review and we hope to see you again soon!

Michale P. Boyle, GM, CHA

Also consider these accommodations in or near Branchburg
HYATT house Branchburg
Bridgewater Marriott
#4 of 6 in Bridgewater
Hampton Inn & Suites Bridgewater
Hilton Garden Inn Bridgewater

Been to Residence Inn Bridgewater Branchburg? Share your experiences!