“Mamma mia - that's a great pizza!!”

Vic's Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Description: For more than 4 generations Vic’s Bar & Restaurant has been serving the most authentic and sought after Italian food at the Jersey Shore. Vittorio “Vic” Giunco opened Vic’s Tap Room shortly after prohibition was repealed in 1933. In 1947 Vic and his son John added our now famous thin crust tomato pie “pizza” to the menu. Vic’s is a family restaurant that has combined authentic Italian dishes and thin crust pizza, in a casual setting. All those who have visited Vic’s and enjoyed our homemade Italian specialties & dining experience know why Vic’s is the longest standing family owned tradition at the Jersey Shore. ​
Reviewed June 23, 2014

This was our first time vacationing in the Avon/Bradley Beach area. We went to Vic's on the recommendation of several and other reviews on Trip Advisor. We were able to sit outside on the patio - it was a lovely summer night. We started with a Chopped Antipasto Salad at the recommendation of our server - it was SOOOO good! The right balance of black and green olives, roasted peppers, salami and provolone cheese. It would have easily served 6 - and we were very happy to bring leftovers home. My husband and I then split the special pizza - thinly sliced green peppers and crumbled Italian sausage - thin crust, just the right amount of cheese, and really, really good tomato sauce. My mouth is watering typing this! They also have a really nice beer and wine selection. There were a number of tables of families all around us - the dinners looked piping hot and generously portioned. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed June 18, 2014

We order a large sausage and pepper pizza and a pitcher of beer for my husband and myself. The crust on that pizza is PERFECT, not soggy. My husband has gone to Vics since 1950. There's a reason for that.....It's good every time. The service is great. And there is plenty of parking, they just added some across the street, in common with the theater. Nice.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Everyone should visit Vic's. This is the old-style family Italian Restaurant. I am a Tomato Pie Lover, Vic' s "pizza" is truly not worthy of mention. I have tried it several times and it is a 5 out of 10. Vic's has the one thing I love AND cannot find anywhere else in NJ or NY for that matter. Vic's has the old-style CHOPPED ANTIPASTO. For this I am eternally grateful and Vic's has my
admiration. Their Italian specialties are fine and fairly priced. The servers and the slock art are a trip. BUT never underestimate the BEST CHOPPED ANTIPASTO IN NJ>

Reviewed June 8, 2014

While Vic's get a little busy in the evening hours, smaller parties (4 or less) can get a table without much delay. The menu is as it was about 50(?) years ago (except for the prices!). Our favorite is their pizza prepared just like in the best pizzerias in Little Italy in Manhattan. Couple this with the mussels in wine and olive oil with their crusty Italian bread and you tummy will thank you for it!

1  Thank Jack A
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Been going there since I was a Kid. Good Food,Great value and of course one of the BEST Pies Around.