“A Nice Find”

Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Found this place after seeing a menu posted in an Avon Bed and Breakfast. Happened to drive by, mid afternoon, after returning from shopping at the Outlets.
The interior has a Shabby Chic decor going on, which is nice and soothing, and would make it nice for lunching with friends, or taking mom out for breakfast. Surprisingly comfy chairs to sit in, instead of the usual restaurant supply standard.
The staff was friendly and attentive, even though we stopped in a few minutes before their closing time of 3pm. We apologized and said that we'd leave, but the staff insisted that it was no problem to take care of us.
I had a Black Bean burger on a hard roll that was delicious. The burger was crispy on the outside and full of flavor. Not mushy. We didn't try any dessert, as we didn't want to take up any more time than we had to; however, I wouldn't hesitate to return and try something from their breakfast menu. The offerings sounded pretty good. Judging by my lunch, I'd be willing to try just about anything on the menu.
Give this place a try, and support a small business. You'll be happy you did.

1  Thank Gail D

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

A nice small place. Big groups should go elsewhere due to wait. Convenient chairs set up on sidewalk for waiting.

Corn beef hash was loaded with corned beef and a huge meal in itself . The biscuits were perfect, according to the wife who spent a few years down south. (I'm not a biscuit guy.). The fried crumb cake was decadent but get it anyway. Pancake portions were enormous.

The B.E.L.T. Or bacon egg lettuce and tomato was perfect, on a "hard roll" which to New Uorkers is just a kaiser roll.

The servers are sweet and our first mornings was very proud of the Jersey food, and made us just glad to be at the cafe and ghe Jersey Shore. Fresh squeezed OJ and solid coffee sealed the deal.

Take the morning train to Bradley Beach station and walk across the square to this place, or just ride your bike over. The latter is helpful to burn off the serious calories your going to take in.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Visited on a Monday morning on referral from in-laws who highly recommended this restaurant for breakfast. We were immediately seated and instantly felt we were in a bed and breakfast type atmosphere. In short, one of the best breaksfasts I have ever had in a restaurant. Everything was fresh and most impressively, homemade. Homemade crumbcake, corn beef hash, stuffed french toast, flavored butter, jam......Coffee was great, nice portions and reasonable pricing. Our waiter, Brendan, took very good care of us and the entire atmosphere is casual, friendly, and laid back. This is one place where I will not mind waiting for a table in the future because I know it will be worth it. Fabulous breakfast!!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

delightful surprise, wonderful ambience with antique mirrors, my crab omlete was sublime, wife's pancakes superlative, service efficient and very friendly, owners are sweethearts. will be back, with friends and highly, highly recommended.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Went on a Friday morning at about 10 a.m. crowed but short wait. Started off bad as we were sitting at an outside table waiting for about 10 minutes and no waitress! We had asked one waitress if it was ok to sit at the empty table and she said "sure". I finally grabbed one waitress'
attention as she was now giving menus to the table next to us and that couple had just sat down!
I made it clear to the waitress that we had been waiting a while and were now annoyed. She tried
really hard to make up for the problem and was very lovely. Food is interesting and tasty!
Portions were large! I don't know what they do to the pancakes but they were delicious!