“I think we just visited Italy…..”

Giamano's Ristorante
Ranked #24 of 46 Restaurants in Bradley Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Traditional Italian homestyle cooking along with exstensive organic Vegaretain & Vegan options !
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Giamano's was recommended to us by several friends - and we were a little mixed given the reviews on TripAdvisor. We are SOOOO glad we took the chance on our last night of vacation. It was a balmy summer evening and we were able to make reservations for outdoor seating at 730pm on a Sat nite. The patio is off the parking lot but has high fences and a pretty fountain that blocks some of the traffic noise. They were playing some great Italian classics through the music system. They have a great wine list - and the service was actually very good. We found the servers very knowledgable and attentive. They definitely focus on Italian classics, but do it very well! I started with the arugula salad and my husband started with the artichoke hearts stuffed with crabmeat. I really like that the produce is mostly organic - and my husband loved his selection. The bread was fresh and piping hot - and we enjoyed the EVOO to dip. I ordered the veal and spinach cannelloni special as my entree and my husband ordered the shrimp parmagiana. The red sauce at Giamano's is ridiculously good! They actually bottle it and sell in locally. Our entrees came out piping hot. We ordered a side of broccoli rate which was just the right balance of garlic and oil - it was so tender! We lingered over our wine and enjoyed chatting with our server and the diners at the next table. We mentioned we were full - perhaps that's why the server never asked if we wanted any coffee or dessert? We probably wouldn't have indulged but that was the only curious moment in our dining experience. We valeted our car which was very convenient in the area of tight parking.

2  Thank Homechef01

Reviewed May 17, 2014

One night we stopped into Giamanos not knowing anything about it but we were very pleasantly surprised. we It was a Thursday night and there was a 3 course special menu at $25 per person which included an appetizer, salad,and entree with pasta. Every course was delicious. I had Escarole, and Chicken parm with cappellini....the portions were generous .

The only down side was that the restaurant was not busy but the service was slow.....courteous ...but slow as our waiter kind of disappeared and my husband actually had to request a bill and then get up to pay for the check because we sat there waiting for a while.

We expect to return and bring friends.

2  Thank ohnosoho
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Best fried calamari, dinner portions are large and the staff is tremendously friendly and impecable. Will recommend to everyone.

2  Thank Jennifer M
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Adrianna..Thank you again, last nights dinner was Superb! Canadian Free Range Veal Chop ALONG with your Creamy Cessar salad..ws over the top deliciouso! I am calling you to Book our office holiday party today.

2  Thank Christopher C
Reviewed November 7, 2013

This used to be our go-to spot for Italian food, but recently it has not been good. Always over priced but the food was great and that's why we didn't mind it. However, the last time we dined at Giamano's, disappointed doesn't even come close to what we experienced. We both ordered Penne Vodka (pretty standard at an Italian restaurant). Then we added grilled chicken and mozzarella cheese. We did not enjoy it at all. I do not know if they hired a new cook or what, but it was terrible. We both wanted something sweet and really wanted a cannoli, so we each ordered one. I had 1 glass of Prosecco and he had 2 glasses of red wine. Like I said, we always knew Giamano's was expensive and we knew there would be an additional cost for the chicken, but when we got our bill we were outraged! Our bill total came to $106....$33 per pasta dish, $7.50 per cannoli. The only items that were average priced were the alcoholic beverages. The vodka sauce was terrible and the cannoli shells were stale. Needless to say, we will no longer be dining at Giamano's and would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.

1  Thank Jamie W
adriana m, Owner at Giamano's Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

We are so sorry your experience with us wasn't a good one.
Of course even the best have an off night and we do hope you'll come back and give us another try.
I wish you had told us of the problem the night you were here,surely we would have rectified it for you.
Giamanos