“Good Food. Slow Service.”

Giamano's Ristorante
Ranked #24 of 46 Restaurants in Bradley Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Traditional Italian homestyle cooking along with exstensive organic Vegaretain & Vegan options !
Reviewed December 23, 2012

We were staying in Asbury Park for the night and ventured out of AP to look for a nice local place to eat. We all wanted Italian and we saw Giamano"s. The place looks inviting so we went in . The first thing asked is if we have reservations. I know it is a Saturday night (12/15) and it is December which is Christmas dinner plus many places aren't open. But it was early and there were hardly any people in the place. They would "try" and seat us. We were placed at a nice table in a back corner. Someone came right away and asked for our drink order and we requested water. Another person cam e by with the water. The tea, we had to ask for again. The server came and took the order. Then someone else came with the bread. I think the service being slow is maybe they have too many people staffing the tables and none of them are responsible for the next part of the meal? ANyway, the bread basker was reat. Hot fresh tasting baked bread served with butter and with oil. Can't go wrong there (except we had to ask for a bread basket). I ordered the Ravioli and it arrived warm and delicious. The ravioli were magnificent little cheese filled pastas covered in the wonderfully light, aromatic, tasty red sauce. The sauce was so delicious I used the bread to wipe the plate clean! I could just eat sauce and bread and be a happy person! No complaints at all with the food! Would go there again but my call for to go. When finished, we paid cash. The server took the money and the wait began. We waited and waited and waited. Probably a good 15 minutes. We finally found the server and she commented, OH, they didn't bring your change? Once again, too many people working a table. All in all, I would recommend the place for the wonderful food. They have plenty of staff working there and working the tables. But the def need to improve the flow between each course of the meal.

1  Thank NASCARbet
There are newer reviews for Giamano's Ristorante

Reviewed September 23, 2012

During a recent visit to this establishment with a 5 and 3 year old, we waited 50 minutes from the time of ordering our meal. My protest to the owner was met with an argumentative and arrogant response. The restaurant claims to make everything fresh. That's hard to accept when you have ordered spaghetti and meatballs. Our food failed to measure up to their seemingly inflated impression of the quality of their meals. May be nice for a quiet, drawn-out dinner for two but certainly not for a family with young children.

2  Thank James W
Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

We ate here and had very good food. Although the service was so bad we actually put our appetizer plates when the meal came on the floor to make room. I'm still waiting for my drink. The owner stepped in and was very nice. I just wished she comped even one of our 10 desserts for the frustration we went through during the meal. The amounts were not even right on the bill, they had to redue it.

1  Thank Jesse M
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Walked in early on a Friday night Labor Day weekend, no reservation but seated right away no problem. Very attentive waiter, spouse ordered Eggplant Parm and Shrimp Parm for me. This place has great red sauce, comes with Penne side. Splurged on Tartuffo dessert.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Two friends and I wanted to go to a place where we could talk and linger at our table without being rushed. We got there at 7:50 for our 8:00 reservation. The hostess brought us upstairs (it looks like this restaurant used to be a house). The place was small but nice and the band was about 20 feet away. We expected dinner music. The band started shortly after we were seated and although they were really great they were much too loud for us to have any kind of conversation. There was one waitress with a "runner" serving the entire upstairs. It took at least 20 minutes to get a small pitcher of Sangria and my beer. Our order was taken and we were given 3 very delicious but very small loaves (and I use the term "loaves" loosely) of bread with olive oil. We were never asked if we wanted anymore bread in the more than 1-1/2 hours that it took for us to get our food. My Penne with Vodka Sauce was delicious but at 9:45 it was much too rich and I paid dearly for it. (Don't ask) My two dining companions said their food was good. (They both got a veal dish) As the night went on the band got louder and louder and the place became very crowded with a drinking and partying crowd. I eventually moved from one side of our table to an aisle so I could hear the conversation which helped a bit but as I learned later, the friend at the other end of the table couldn't hear anything. (We had been practically screaming at each other trying to talk and we still couldn't hear each other.)To be fair their website does say to allow an hour for your homemade meal... but from the time that we arrived to the time we were served 2 hours had elapsed. And as a sidenote, if you want a (very small) pitcher of Sangria be prepared to spend $26. (We did not find any liquor prices on the menu). And after our coffee and one birthday desert that we all shared we got to pay a $200 tab. (We had two rounds while waiting for our food). Definitely not the best dining experience we've ever had.