“Good Food, Bad Service”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Basking Ridge, New Jersey, United States
“Good Food, Bad Service”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We visited Saturday night, and did not have a great experience. The food is very good, even though it was a bit high priced. The service was terrible, though. It seemed like we were inconveniencing them by dining there. We had reservations, and showed up on time, but it was a bother for our service person to wait on us. She seemed rude and short with her words. All in all, not great value for the price. I would not go back.

• Visited January 2013

Avon by the Sea, New Jersey
“Used to be my favorite”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Uva used to be my favorite place to eat. It is a bit pricey so I looked forward to special times there. They have extensive gluten free choices. The last time I was there, they had gluten free bread for the table but I was told to call ahead about that, which I did,the person taking the reservation said let me check, came back and said it would be ordered. When I arrived I told the server that we had asked for gluten free bread and I got a surly we dont have that. I said I had asked, he said he didnt take the reservation but they dont have that and he checked with the owner and they have no idea about it. So that set the meal off on the wrong note, not that we expected something they didnt have but that we had confirmed that they did. The vegetarian antepasto is still a good value and large enough to be shared by 2-4 as a starter, but keep the out of season pale tomato slices out of it. The gluten free pizza which was large enough to be shared on the last visit was smaller than a personal size this time around. Dinner for two with tip was $90 -which did include two beers and 1 glass of wine.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank FELECIACPC
Asbury, New Jersey
“A new favorite”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I heartily recommend UVA/Pagano's. After a handful of delicious visits to the main dining room, we look forward to the next. And to trying the bar and its own menu. The Tuesday night deal gives us reason to return more often during the week. But at full (and very reasonable) full price, the menu offers wonderful value. So far, we have becoming especially fond of the lobster ravioli, the seared scallops with fava beans over polenta and the ample antipasto choices. The portions are so large we usually leave with doggy bags. The service has been consistently helpful. Mangia.

• Visited September 2012
Oakhurst, New Jersey
“Bad service, bad quality of beef”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

The seafood was decent, but the quality of their beef is below par. Bread was also stale. Our waiter, Steve, was good, but I had to send back the New York Strip steak. I was told it was going to be taken off the bill. We presented a Restaurant.com coupon before receiving our check. We were then told they would not take the dinner off the bill because we are using a coupon. Seriously. They have lost our business due to this.

We eat out every weekend, and I can suggest better places in Bradley, for example Citricos... you will not be disappointed there.

• Visited July 2012
Toms River, New Jersey
“Quality does not match price!”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

You would think that a restaurant that uses group-on would proudly accept them... But no. Too many restrictions and lower service offered as a result that I would not even recommend this place to anyone. The food was pretty good, but with service so poor, who cares. The wait staff walked by our table numerous times without even a check in, not to mention drink refills. Heck a soda was like $3, and no refills... Come on, what decade is this.

• Visited May 2012