“This Hotel was decent, but was a bit decieving in certain aspects.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Bordentown
Warren, Rhode Island
“This Hotel was decent, but was a bit decieving in certain aspects.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

I chose this Hotel due to its proximity to Six Flags Great Adventure, under 30 minutes away. From the pictures, the building looks pretty big, as does the pool. When we arrived, the building was small, and appears to have about 10-15 rooms per floor. The pool also looked really small and is only open 11-8, and is closed if the owner is not present, which is ridiculous. Anyway, so its in the parking lot pretty much.

We arrived and I checked in quick, worker was some what friendly. We had a handicap room on the first floor, which was right next to a side exit, which had no ramp. So you had to go through the lobby if your actually handicap. I am not, I got this room because it was the only non smoking king rooms available. The walk in shower was nice, as was the shower head which was detachable.

Our room was right off the lobby, and located near a side door and laundry area for housekeeping, so that was a bit noisy in the morning. But room itself was clean, besides some peeling wall paper. There was a flat screen tv which was nice, but other wise nothing fancy. No table with chairs, just a desk and two chairs. The bed was comfortable, and there were 5 pillows.

The area does not have many restaurants nearby, and we drove 15 minutes to get to the Market Place plaza, which had a wendy's and Mcdonalds. I asked about eateries and was told to go there. When we returned to the hotel, we noticed a wendy's and McDonalds nearby, and I was irked that the Front Desk Worker didn't mention those!

The Breakfast Area was way to cramped, and I went for three trips, and only the last trip, right before breakfast ended, was there seating available. Luckily my room was really close by, so bringing my sponge like scrambled eggs and pretty gross sausage to the room was easy. The Waffles were good, but the Flavor of the day was empty. Also out of order was the juice machine, so all there was to drink was gross coffee and warm milk. There was also cereal, bagels, mini muffins, and danish available. Also some apples were available. This breakfast was not up to par to other Comfort Inn breakfasts I've eaten at. Only good part was the waffles, although the syrup was little containers instead of a bottle of syrup.

They really should add more seating! I figured since its a small building, I would be able to score a table, but I was wrong.
We went to the vending machines near the pool entrance, and it only offered cans of soda, no bottles, and no snacks.
The breakfast area used to be a bar, and its still some what in tact, and they should use it! Make some extra income that way!

Overall I doubt I would stay here again, as the property was pretty boring and nothing stood out to me. The food was mediocre, and the surrounding area has limited options for activity/food.
The pool was also tiny and is probably closed more than its open. Since check out was at 11, I could not even use it in the morning, as I only stayed one night.

Overall If you need a place to stay, there may be cheaper local alternatives, out of my 3 hotel stays for my mini road trip, this was by far (30%+) more expensive than others, and others had balconies. One even had a full kitchen and granite counters, for a lot less! I'd go else where, as this place is pretty average.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mike M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

We stayed at the Comfort Inn, Bordentown, NJ on 6/22/12. We had two queen size beds in our room although we booked a king, non-smoking. At 2 AM I woke up scratching by body everywhere. My husband bought me some cream and I did not realize that I was probably a victim of bed bugs. It is now 6 days later and I am still scratching although it is not as severe.

Room Tip: This motel is not a good choice for a peaceful night. I will never stay here again. We stayed in ro...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Amy L
CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

The room was fairly clean. I accidentally booked a smoking room and was told I couldn't change it prior to check in for the hotel was booked for a soccer tournament was in town. Thankfully the smell wasn't bad at all. Seeing that we had two small children they put us right near a stair case which I was grateful. My only complaint is that the comforter had a big stand when I pulled the bedding back. I didn't fret because I bought my own blanket for on top of the bed and a sheet for the other. We didn't take advantage of the continental breakfast. Big bonus is that there is a Dunkin Donuts attached to the hotel. It was also great having a fridge in the room. The kids wanted to go in the pool but my husband said it looked murky so we stayed away. It was a fine place for a one or two night stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Washington, DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

My boyfriend and I decided to stay here after reading a few other reviews on places in the area and comparing prices. We were not disappointed. We were very comfortable and the manager, Chris, was very welcoming and accommodating. Would recommend to others!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Camden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

Passing through with my family and we stayed here. The prices were good and felt the accommodations were completely acceptable. Nice nite stay

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Arlington, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

Stayed with my 2 kids...older hotel but enjoyable stay. Room and bathroom were clean, comfortable mattresses, and decent continental breakfast (same as other Comfort Inn's) Good value and would stay again if we were in the area

Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2011

woke up at 5 in the morning to 5 or 6 bed bugs all over our sheets and pillows. we booked this room as part of a wedding deal, so the father of the bride was able to get us a full refund. however, I was appalled and disturbed by how unsurprised and unmoved the desk clerk seemed when we informed him of the situation. he was barely apologetic. I will never stay here ever again and wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy. the trauma of being smack dab in the middle of my worst fear ever can't be erased from my memory even with the 7 showers I took the morning after. DON'T STAY HERE!

• Stayed September 2011