“Look - it's been renovated! :)”

Days Inn Bordentown
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Bordentown
Reviewed July 15, 2010

I stay here everytime I travel to NJ. People know is that this hotel has been renovated and under new management. I also like the fact that it is pet friendly (if you don't know that yet). In their website with Wyndham, it says that pets or dogs are not allowed, it has been okay to bring your dog when you travel and stay here so we are glad for that. But in June, the manager/owner increased the price of pet fee from $15 to $20 this is I guess to compete with other kennels in the area. Some rooms are cleaned but sometimes, housekeeping do miss some spots and that makes me turn off but otherwise, there is also breakfast that is enough for the day. Note that most Days Inn are look like motel from the outside, but the room you would be surprise is nice and simple because of last year's renovation.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Bordentown

Reviewed November 30, 2009

My husband and I stayed at this hotel about three years ago and wasn't to happy. We booked a large book of rooms and the price was good. We returned there this week and was very suprised at what we saw. A complete remodel and it was extremely c lean. The people at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. If I could I would give this hotel another sunburst. Victor the front desk clerk is a great assest to the hotel

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rileytyler
Reviewed September 11, 2009

after reading some of the reviews I was baffled,but some had great things to say so i took a chance,its a stay the location is kind of hard to find at first but once you get the location down its a breeze the room was great a few dirt marks(nothing that the housekeeping supervisor cant handle) the room had a coffee maker,refrig,mirco, iron/w board,hair dryer, a desk and a chair & an add'l chair. the bed was a bit hard(great for me i have a bad back)lots of pillows.take note that if you stay on the lower level you will hear 2nd floor walkers(again noise is not a factor for me i can sleep through anything) the dumpster area could use some work(maybe a cover to inclose the look and keep the stray cats out) I did notice a grill,table area. not fancy but usable. I had a maint. issue and they took care of it right away. I also left a picture of my husband behind they looked for it and sent it back. The check in(victor) and check out staff was over the top in customer service, I phoned the easly am front receptionist for the time( she did not make the list of friendlyness) dunkin donuts is next door great for me(heavy coffee drinker) I didnt eat the breakfast but it look ok nothing fancy but will fill the belly,the area was very clean the front lobby also(looked like renovations had taken place) if you dont mind driveing about up and down the strip was stores,food, and a dollar store,goodwill, walmart was near by but i never saw it. the price was great $73.00(including tax) lots of parking, my Vist was to Fort Dix so if you need that area this is the place map quest said 30 mins. NOT it took me 10-15 mins top(with slight traffic) it was breeze to get too.if your looking for the Four Seasons move on if not its not bad at all. oh ya i noticed a computer/ swimming pool(kind of sm but clean)and fitness area.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed August 21, 2009

Stayed for three days. Nice clean room but with dirty carpets, must be a Days Inn thing, because two Days Inn in a row had this problem. Price was good, staff very accomodating and cont breakfast was very good. Very nice room newly renovated as was the rest of the inn. Just watch for the $1 a day room safe fee, which they will remove at your request when checking out. Make sure you ask them to remove it. 11 AM check out was not told to us nor posted, took us by suprise but they allowed an extra hour without a problem or charge.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2009

I stayed overnight at this motel after visiting Six Flags Great Adventure.

Pros: The lobby area and grounds are pleasant to look at, the pool looked clean and inviting, our room was very comfortable and clean, the staff was friendly, the location was very good and the price was reasonable.

Cons: Slight mold odor inside lobby foyer (not in lobby, but just inside door) and the breakfast area only had one, two slice toaster for the entire motel; although for a continental breakfast, there were plenty of selections including french toast, waffles, breads, cereals and fruits.

All in all, for the price and location, the pros definitely outweighed the cons.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
BenRohlfing, Manager at Days Inn Bordentown, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2009

We have added more toasters. We appreciate the constructive criticism and strive to improve things whenever possible.

Reviewed July 10, 2009

We stayed at Bordentown Days Inn for a trip to Six Flags. The motel was newly renovated, but the room and lobby had that old motel musty smell that I truly dislike. The room was clean and the staff were very helpful, efficient, and nice. The included breakfast was just fine, but we had hoped they would have had donuts since the Dunkin' Donuts is attached, but no luck there. We did have a decent choice of breakfast options including cereal, oatmeal, juice, muffins, frozen waffles, toast.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 6, 2009

Went to a concert in Bordentown, and decided to stay in this hotel, only 5 minutes away from the venue. Not a bad place, relatively clean - the lobby in fact smelled very strongly of paint. Check in was fast, the girl was nice. It was a little tricky finding our room, since there was only a map of the first floor available (we were on the second floor), and the room layout is a little confusing.

The room itself was nice. Not 100% sparkling, but clean enough (for example, there were finger marks around the light switch, but I'm not picky enough to complain that they don't scrub the walls every visit). The beds were pretty comfortable, with four very fluffy, soft pillows on each. Bathroom was small, but had everything needed. The TV was a cheap knock off of Sony, and my friend and I had some fun laughing at the dubious quality of these "flat-screens". But we weren't there to sit in the room and watch TV in High Definition, so it wasn't a big deal at all.

Just a warning, if you go in the winter, make sure to check the heat. We forgot to turn it on and woke up in the morning to a freezing room. Entirely our fault of course, but just thought I'd make the comment to save someone else from doing the same thing.

Disappointed not to see any of these prostitutes or drug dealers that other reviewers write about, even when returning to the hotel after midnight. Will stay there again if I am ever in Bordentown. =)

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends