“Just Okay”

Villa Mannino Ristorante
Ranked #6 of 52 Restaurants in Bordentown
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hamilton, NJ
“Just Okay”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My wife & I have dined here 3 or 4 times and have just not been "wowed". It seems to be a popular place for a large gathering or private party though. We just have noticed that the chicken parmigiana was a bit tough one time and another time the pasta dishes were overcooked although my daughter likes the ziti. Its a decent place to have a graduation party or something along those lines and the prices are not bad.

Visited July 2013

“Used to be better.”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We have been coming for years. Last few times food is of less and less quality. Marsala sauce is more like a butter sauce and what used to be full size sea scallops are now tiny bay scallops. Tomatoe sauce has lost its taste. Sorry to say not my favorite anymore.

Maria

• Visited July 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Sadly, the salad was the highlight...”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stopped here for dinner on a business colleague's recommendation. The ambiance seemed to be an attempt to bring the outside in, with a piazza-like feel & high ceilings, but the effect was diminished by the cafeteria-grade tables & chairs. Standard Italian fare is offered on the full menu, but be aware - no alcoholic beverages are served here. You may bring your own, though.

While the pizza was recommended by the people I surveyed outside Minnino's, I chose to go with a veal dish. On the waiter's recommendation I chose the veal marsala, which came with a salad, complimentary bread, and a penne pasta side. The bread basket contained baked dough that must have come from pizza dough scraps - it was warm, but seemed like it had been kept so in a dry-heat pan because it quickly came to room temperature and toughened. Fortunately, the salad was full of fresh ingredients and the house balsamic dressing was a good dip for the bread.

The veal marsala was neither appealing in presentation, nor taste. While the veal cutlets were tender, they were overshadowed by a pile of quartered mushrooms and a starchy, gravy-like marsala sauce. The penne pasta side appeared to be a bowl of pasta with a ladle of mediocre red sauce poured on it. My disappointment was complete upon tasting the offerings.

I guess I should've gone with the pizza...

• Visited February 2013
Columbus, New Jersey, United States
“Used to be great.”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've been coming to this restaurant since 2001. I swore by their calamari. I boasted to friends and family that the calamari was the best ever - bar none. The pasta fragiole was to die for. Now, the squid is rubbery and salty, the soup lacks pasta and everything else just deteriorated in the last 3 years or so. My guess is that they have a new chef. It has to be that. Do not go here for the ambience, you won't find it. The place needs acoustic adjustments as it gets really loud. I didn't mind that when the food was great. I'll come back again in the future to see if they have mended their ways.

• Visited November 2012
Bordentown, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Baby Shower”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I just had my daughter's baby shower at Villa Mannino this past Saturday in the Sunroom. We don't know if it is a boy or girl so the decor was perfect--they did the tables beautiful with pink and blue. The service was excellent and when I asked the waitress for things she brought them to me right away with a polite attitude.

The staff worked hard and was very efficent and never got in the guests way. The food was delicious and there was plenty of it.

Everyone had a great experience and I will certainly have more parties there again. They place was extremely clean and dirty dishes were taken away promptly.

• Visited January 2013