“Used to be great.”

Dining options: Reservations
Columbus, New Jersey, United States
“Used to be great.”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've been coming to this restaurant since 2001. I swore by their calamari. I boasted to friends and family that the calamari was the best ever - bar none. The pasta fragiole was to die for. Now, the squid is rubbery and salty, the soup lacks pasta and everything else just deteriorated in the last 3 years or so. My guess is that they have a new chef. It has to be that. Do not go here for the ambience, you won't find it. The place needs acoustic adjustments as it gets really loud. I didn't mind that when the food was great. I'll come back again in the future to see if they have mended their ways.

• Visited November 2012

Bordentown, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Baby Shower”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I just had my daughter's baby shower at Villa Mannino this past Saturday in the Sunroom. We don't know if it is a boy or girl so the decor was perfect--they did the tables beautiful with pink and blue. The service was excellent and when I asked the waitress for things she brought them to me right away with a polite attitude.

The staff worked hard and was very efficent and never got in the guests way. The food was delicious and there was plenty of it.

Everyone had a great experience and I will certainly have more parties there again. They place was extremely clean and dirty dishes were taken away promptly.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank jobo1201
“Great italian food and still a good value”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We visit here at least once or twice a month and we highly recommend dining here. Not that we have to promote this place because many people already know how good this place is, the parking lot is always full of cars. We enjoy the restaurant, sometime order pizza for pick-up and we have attended private parties in both small party rooms, all were very much enjoyed.

Visited October 2012
West Trenton, New Jersey
“Very average”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Went on a Wednesday night with my wife. Our entrees, veal saltimbocca for me and veal marsala for her were very average. The veal wasn't pounded thin enough and, consequently was tough. The sauce on each dish tasted the same. On her side order of pasta they spooned about a teaspoon of tomato sauce. The sauce was right out of a can. They served those little packages of butter rather than a small stick of butter, or, better still, olive oil with spices. Very tacky.
Because there are no soft wall, floor, and ceiling surfaces, it is very loud even though the room was only half full. Service was excellent.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Warren S
Hamilton, New Jersey
“Our First visit but it won't be our last”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

This was our fisrt visit to Villa Mannino, as a celebration for our friends daughter. The dinner was delicious, I had Mahi Mahi, appetizers were generous, nice Tuscany atmosphere, light dinner music. We had a great time and will be going again inthe near future.

• Visited August 2012