“Ahh a flashback of memories and a great tasting hotdog”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Russ Ayres Hot Dog Stand
Ranked #37 of 53 Restaurants in Bordentown
Orlando, Florida
“Ahh a flashback of memories and a great tasting hotdog”
Reviewed March 3, 2011

Its had been years since I went to Russ’s Hot Dog stand. But after getting in and sitting down at one of the six stools that line the counter. I’m flashed back to my childhood when my dad was still alive. Back then the man who started the little stand Mr. Russ Ayres himself was still alive and running the show. My dad knew him from growing up in the bordentown area. When he use to just have the hot dog cart by the park. Ordering hot dogs from Russ was a bit different back then. You could only get a dog with mustard, relish or sauerkraut. Apparently in the old days ketchup was just for hamburgers. I liked it with hot dogs so I got the same story everytime I went. And I never got them with ketchup on them.

Well like I said years have past and so has both my father and Russ. But not much has changed at the stand. My best guess is that Russ sold it to these new people who don’t want to change a working system. Russ’s original cart sits in the middle of the stand. Which is really just a stand alone garage. They did add a few things to spice up the place. Out side there is a big plastic hotdog holding a bottle of ketchup and mustard. And they even have nice flashy sign on top of the building.

Inside the only real difference is they now have a little TV. Besides that its still the same inside. You can now order dogs with chili, cheese, and finally ketchup. Its still the same great tasting hot dogs for the same cheap price. The only down side is the lack of seating. There is really only 6-8 seats, and its counter service. So your really limited in that aspect. There are seats outside in the warmer months.

Now a days when I stop by I still get 2 hot dogs with just mustard. Just out of respect for Russ. I suggest if your in the area stop on by. Russ’s had been Fat Kid tested and of course Fat Kid approved. And as always Stay peckish my friends.

• Visited February 2011