“Delicious!”
Review of Oliver A Bistro

Oliver A Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Oliver A Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 54 Restaurants in Bordentown
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Walnut
Transit: River Line
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

My friend brought me here for lunch as a shower gift, and man, it was one of the best gifts ever! We started with two pieces of mushroom bruschetta appetizers and we split the pear, cranberry salad to start. We then got soup and sandwich for our main course, i had the baked potato with cheddar and bacon and the chicken and spinach sandwich with fresh mozzarella on an incredibly fresh and soft bakery roll. I still can't get over how fresh and delicious the roll was! Just to go all in, we had dessert. I ordered what was supposed to be apple, cranberry and pecan pie, but really, it was just a simple pecan pie. A little disappointing that there were no apples or cranberries, but it was still good and not too sweet. I am not gonna lie, I didn't complain about the lack of the apples or cranberries and I devoured it. Needless to say, I didn't need to eat dinner that evening as I had eaten plenty for lunch! I would definitely recommend this place for lunch, and cannot wait to try them for dinner. It is a small place, so if you want to do dinner, make a reservation! It is also BYOB, yay!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

olivers is one of our 2 favorite restaurants in bordentown. on thurs 10-17-13 we took a client there for dinner. as always the food was great. it took from 630pm to 815pm for them to serve us and give us the bill which was perfectly fine. when the waiter handed me the bill and i paid right away, he said to us, do you mind getting up and leave so we can seat the next party who is waiting. i could not believe my ears. how dare you ask a customer to get up and leave, especially when we were not just sitting there killing time and holding up the table. when i e-mailed the restaurant that night, the wifes owner writes back saying "sorry to hear that". great apology huh?? maybe they are making so much money that they dont care about the customer anymore, who knows. so now we will dine at toscanos down the street. they care about the customer.

4  Thank Judy B
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stopped in for lunch today and enjoyed the experience very much. It took a minute or two for us to be seated, only two staff and many tables filled for lunch. One server and the owner/manager to handle the room I guess. Not a problem.

The manager was most pleasant and seated us, gave a run down of the lunch specials and took our beverage order.

I had the big burger and my lady had the lump crab croissant.

Both came with a selection of sides and we opted for the green salad. The meal came quickly and was very good. The coffee and refills were both exceptional and plentiful ...

The check was $25 ... not bad ...

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Good-looking restaurant on Bordentown's Farnsworth Avenue. We were three couples out on a Saturday night. This is a BYOB restaurant which makes drinking quality wine affordable. The crowd was lively and loud, as we were. Not all dishes hit the mark, but most of them did. Three of us had mussels as a starter. They were excellent in both the white or red sauce. My entree of diver scallops and bacon was very good. My wife's appetizer was seared ahi tuna. The presentation was lovely and the taste was very good but not super. Her filet special was just OK. The chocolate Coca-Cola cake was delicious. All in all it was a fun night with good food and great service in a charming atmosphere.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We were very excited to try Oliver's after reading the Trip Advisor reviews. We had a good meal and I would really say that on the scale of restaurants just in the town of Bordentown its 4 stars and one of the best, but overall its probably 3 stars considering other local towns (ie. Trenton, Hamilton, Lambertville). The Pear & Pecan salad was very good, and so was the Scallop entree, but the Ceasar salad and Crabcake entree were just ok. Staff was helpful and polite. Maybe we ordered the wrong items, but I was hoping for a little better food experience.