“Poorly managed.”

Hampton Inn Bordentown
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Bordentown
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Cleanliness - The hotel was pretty clean. About average. I didnt notice anything dirty enough to mention.

Location - Right off the turnpike and easy to get to. Right next to a truck stop so depending on your room location, you may hear the traffic noise.

Rooms - Our room was decent. Refrigerator and microwave along with the typical things

Service - This is where the hotel fails. At check in, the desk attendant (short middle aged woman with dark hair) was very rude and unfriendly. No Greeting, no mention of HHonors VIP status, no smile. Just very short and rude throughout the whole process. When I asked her if there were any upgrades available, she literally gave me a dirty look and didn't even answer me. I also overheard her being rude to the other desk attendant later on that evening.

For some reason the management here thought it a good idea to let a number of guests and non guests have what I can only assume was an after-wedding party in the breakfast area. This group of 30 or so was loud, obnoxious, and brought in loads of beer and liquor. There goes the 24/7 Coffee and Tea Access.. As if this wasn't enough, management let them get so intoxicated that fights broke out and multiple police officers were needed to control the situation. Unbelievable.

Value - I've paid 80$ a night for a better Hampton experience.

On a side note, I didn't get to use the pool and, although I didn't eat it, breakfast didn't look to bad

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Eric D
Manager8484, Manager at Hampton Inn Bordentown, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

We’re sorry we didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Nice staff with comfortable rooms. I stayed in a Jacuzzi room and really enjoyed it. The breakfast is typical Hampton, but the staff was great! Great location off the Turnpike. I liked the hotel. Close to a couple of great diners. Walmart and mall is about 20 minutes away.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My 3 month old SUV was damaged in the paring lot. The response I got when reported to the General Manager was that the parking lot was not the hotel's responsibility, which I find odd since they have a camera system watching it. In any even I will be out the cost of getting the damage repaired. I can not recommend this hotel to anyone based on the uncaring attitude. Satisfaction 100% guaranteed; I think not!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Manager8484, Manager at Hampton Inn Bordentown, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had during your stay. I appreciate your speed in bringing this opportunity to me and we will review the issue with our management team. If I can assist you further, certainly let me know. Thank you.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Hotel was very clean and quiet. Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast area was clean and a variety of choices were available. Eating area was comfortable and kept very well. Would definitely stay at this hotel again if in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2013

this was one of best hamptons i ever stayed at. the staff was very helpful. the room was clean and the bedding was wonderful. i would definitely recommend this hotel to my family and friends. i felt very safe and also the staff was very attentive to our needs.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Hamptons are Hamptons Always good. - This one was a really good value and decent property in an otherwise truckstop / trailerpark neighborhood. No complaint except they did not have grits. No grits? No livermush I could live with - but no grits - Its Jersey not Ottawa.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 24, 2013

After a full day at Six Flags, this hotel was approximately 20 minutes away. It was updated and clean, with close proximity to the NJ Turnpike. Check in was a breeze at 10:30pm. Free coffee, tea, and hot chocolate 24 hrs. Our room was fine-quiet. Beds were comfortable. Breakfast was typical for this hotel chain. Overall, this was a good place to stay after a day in the park.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bordentown
Candlewood Suites Bordentown/Trenton
#2 of 11 in Bordentown
Days Inn Bordentown
Days Inn Bordentown
#6 of 11 in Bordentown

Been to Hampton Inn Bordentown? Share your experiences!