All reviewstruck stopnj turnpikecomplimentary breakfastclean poolbusiness tripnew jerseycomfortable staythe breakfast areafort dixi highly recommend this hoteleasy accesswafflescomfortable roomvery nice hotelhot tubstaff was friendlysix flags
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This was part of a two week business trip in the area ... rooms have not been maintained (peeling wallpaper, noisy AC, mold in the bathroom, ... ) ... breakfast area was way too small for the size of the hotel ... literally had to stand in line to enter the food area 1 or 2 at a time ... breakfast wasn't always ready at 6 AM ... weekend breakfast attendant was downright unfriendly (glared at me when I said good morning ... twice) ... could hear the turnpike traffic at all hours ... had problems with my bill and the front desk set a new low in terms of service ... clerk actually refused to talk to me ... complaint filed with Hilton/Hampton Inn

Room Tip: Best thing you can do is choose a room at a different hotel :)
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

This is your typical Hampton Inn. That is NOT a bad thing. The service is great, the staff are friendly and helpful, the beds are comfortable and the rooms are well maintained and clean. It is obvious they put lots of effort in to keep the hotel nice and clean, which is why I never worry when staying at a Hampton Inn, they all have the same commitment to quality and cleanliness, at least from my experience. The only detraction I can list here is in regards to the business that surround the hotel. Now, the hotel of course has no control over that, and they are aware of the problem. Namely that the main road (206) is very busy day or night. On the other side the hotel is a Love's truck stop, night parking, and truck wash, which is also very busy, day or night, with tractor trailers entering, leaving, idling, etc. I found that taking a sleep aid and turning the a/c fan to on greatly reduced the noise from the trucks and made it possible to sleep. Despite that, it was a pleasant stay, a nicely maintained hotel and wonderful hot breakfast, which includes some sort of egg dish, a meat, and a starch, plus your usual assortment of cereals, fruit, waffles etc.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I was on a business trip for 10 days, found the hotel very clean, comfortable room, quiet. The indoor heated pool was great and hardly used by the other guests. Good number of TV channels. Hot Breakfast was standard for price. Laundry convenient.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Let me begin by saying that my need to stay at a hotel outside of the Hamilton area was due to a sudden week of training that my employer threw at me with very short notice. Within a few short days, I needed to secure a hotel in an area that doesn't really have a great choice of brands.

You see, I usually only stay at two brands of hotels: A Marriott or Hilton. I found myself completely in distress when I discovered that this particular Hampton Inn was sold out on a Tuesday -- the very day I was coming into town. I was actually forced to book the Best Western (which made me shudder even thinking about it), that is, until repeated inquiries to the Hampton Inn website suddenly showed a vacancy for the night I wanted. You can just imagine how relieved I was that I was able to book this hotel at the last-minute.

I am very picky about hotels. I don't usually stay in expensive hotels, but I don't go for Best Westerns or Days Inn. I like to stay at the places that give me the best bang for the buck. These are the hotels that I know will always provide a constant level of service, usually meaning a clean room and included hot breakfast in the morning.

For years, I was loyal to the Marriott brand. The Residence Inn was my favorite place to stay, which you could probably assume if you read many of my past reviews on TripAdvisor. However, over the past year, I have found myself staying in Hampton Inns. As far as the Hilton brand is concerned, I believe they offer travelers the best bang for the buck as described above.

So, let me talk about the Hampton Inn in Bordentown....

First impression is everything. The training I am taking this week is about dealing with customers and how important that first impression is....

I walk in to the front check-in counter and meet Tim. Now, I know his name because he made an extremely memorable impression upon me. From reading TripAdvisor reviews about this hotel in advance of my stay I knew that this was a potentially noisy location due to the truck stop next door. I politely asked Tim at the front desk if he would put me in a room that would be quiet. He gave me a recommendation of what he thought would be the perfect location. He then gave me his name and told me that if I didn't like the room, to contact him, and he would change it. I then jokingly asked Tim if I would be taking my own life in my hands if I walked across the highway to the Wendy's Restaurant next door. He thought it would be okay and advised me the best way to do it.

About 5 minutes after arriving in my room, my phone rang. Thought it was an odd thing for someone to be calling me. It was Tim, asking me if I was happy with my room. I told him that I thought it would be okay, even though the back window faced the truck stop next door. He reminded me again that if the room was not to my liking....he would change it for me.

Well, I have to tell you, despite the fact that I was a few feet from that truck stop, I never heard those trucks at night. Maybe it was the fact that the air conditioning was running helped the situation, or perhaps the fact that I slept so unbelievably well in their bed. I must say, during my 3-night stay (I am still on day 2), I got the best night sleep I have had in a long time. In fact, I think sleeping on such a good bed has given me much thought about replacing the mattress in my bedroom. At least I didn't wake up with an aching back sleeping on this hotel bed.

So, thus far, things are going real good for me. Clean room, comfortable bed, and complimentary Internet access. Thank God I wasn't staying at the Best Western or Days inn.

Breakfast was another HUGE perk. I came down just as breakfast was opening for the several days I stayed here. I met a really nice woman who was tending the breakfast area. She smiled, said good morning, and asked how I was enjoying my food. She even helped me when I was struggling to remove my waffle from the machine which I attempted to make before she could apply a vegetable oil coating to it. By the second morning, recognizing me from the day before, I received even a bigger smile from her.

Compared to other Hampton Inns I have stayed at, the breakfast area is a bit scaled down only for the fact that it doesn't have a juice machine nor window self-serve refrigerator with multiple yogurt choices. However, there were several types of juice available and there were small packets of yogurt available. Hot items included Waffles and Oatmeal. Each day brought a new variety of eggs/sausage combinations. My favorite were the hot "bagel toppers." I am kind of hoping that they are available tomorrow morning before I leave. There were also bagels, english muffins and pastries. I must say, it certainly fits the bill for a satisfying breakfast...

...oh, and I forgot to mention...coffee, hot tea and hot water (with hot chocolate packets) seem to be available 24/7 in their dining area. This was tremendous for me, as I wake up very early (2:30am) and have the ability to get a much-needed cup of coffee that early in the morning.

So, I am sitting here in my room right now, on my final night of my 3-day stay at the Bordentown Hampton Inn. I am relaxing in a comfortable room, enjoying the free Internet on my laptop, and soon readying to brush my teeth and get some sleep before my early rise.

The location is probably the biggest drawback. The hotel is not located in the business area of town, which probably helps make it a more affordable stay. The entrance/exit is off a dual-lane highway that seems a bit awkward as far as access is concerned. There is no place to really eat around here, in walking distance, other than a Lovees convenience store with a Wendy's Restaurant attached to it. I walked over to the Wendy's Restaurant to grab a burger and fries. It's not a very good restaurant compared to others I have eaten at. The food was not fresh.

For those that have made it this far down my review, you may be wondering if I am a real traveler or if someone from the hotel decided to insert a fake review. I know...I know...a glowing review like this seems too good to be true. Well, I'm the kind of person that, when given a certain level of service, will go on the Internet and talk about it. I sincerely felt that I experienced an exceptional level of service and comfort from the moment I walked into this Hampton Inn.

I want to thank Tim at the front desk (he will remember me if he reads this review), and I want to thank the really sweet woman who helped rescue my waffle in the morning and always remembered to greet me with a smile. It is the little things you do for the customer that earns you a review like this.

Room Tip: I have read complaints about the truck noise. I didn't have a problem and the back of my room (#409) faced the truck stop.
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Stayed one night for a business trip and found the rooms and general facility clean and well kept. Because of the location on a divided side road it can be cumbersome to get back to the main highway but not a deal breaker.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business