“WORST PLACE.....EVER!!!!”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Bordentown
New York, NY
“WORST PLACE.....EVER!!!!”
Reviewed July 11, 2008

This was the most disgusting place I have ever stayed in. We had 2 rooms booked for 1 night after spending a day at Great Adventure. I cannot begin to describe how disgusting this place really is. The pool was filthy too. And they represented the "Best Western" name? The pictures they show are from a million years ago. Take heed: DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU HAVE KIDS. And the staff? There was never anyone around running the place. It was the filthiest, most vial display I have ever seen. I cannot believe that this establishment has not been closed down. This is sooooooo not worth it (give one of the other nearby places a shot - couldn't be any worse, right?).

• Liked — nothing!
  • Disliked — everything!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
NY
Reviewed July 1, 2008

This was one of the worst experiences of our life. We checked in at 2pm, went to the beach, came back at 5pm to find the " HEATED POOL" was 69 degrees and that is also the temp of the hottub. The steam rooms did not work, the exercise equipment is in shambles, then the cable goes out. at this point we decided to leave. Went to check out expecting full refund and was informed I would get NOTHING. I spoke with the manager who told me cable was out in the whole area and it was not in there control, she also informed my when I told her I would dispute the charge with Amex that they contacted Amex and charge was approved, But when I called Amex they said that never happened.
We then went down the road 1/2 mile to the Hampton Inn ( beautiful hotel) and guess what there cable worked.
All in all I have found it best NEVER TO STAY IN A BEST WESTERN AS THEY ARE INDEPENDENTLY OWNED AND CORPORATE WILL DO NOTHING FOR YOU.

• Liked — check out
  • Disliked — check in
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Washington, DC
Reviewed March 24, 2008

I just returned from my cousin's wedding where my grandfather, my parents and I stayed at this Bordenton Best Western. It was decent. But, we had problems. I called the hotel 3 times prior to getting to the hotel to make sure that all arrangements were in order because I needed two handicap rooms with adjoining doors on the bottom floor and we would be arriving early and we needed a place to take a nap before the rehearsal. I made the reservation the first week of January and every time I called to double check the reservation I needed to correct them on everything. When we arrived there, I had to dodge the construction site that was the lobby only to find out that they had given us two rooms on opposite ends of the 3rd floor and they have NO ELEVATORS! I have two handicap people that can't do stairs. After a 15 minute discussion why I needed bottom floor rooms, and another 15 minutes trying to figure out which rooms were open and not under construction, they decided to give us two bottom floor rooms a few rooms away from each other. But, they weren't clean, and wouldn't be available till normal check in 3 hours later. Upon entering my grandfather's room, we realized that the door didn't lock. We asked for them to come and look at it and fix it many times during the visit, but they never fixed it. The first morning, we were woken up by the house keeping people at 8 a.m. wanting to clean our rooms! Insane. We asked for them to come back after 11 a.m. when we knew we'd be gone. We were gone till 9 p.m. after the reception, and nothing had been cleaned.

The room was at least clean to begin with, and we only needed it to crash, get ready for the wedding, and be close to the wedding location. So it satisfied the need. I think the hotel will be nice when they finally finish the construction, but for right now it's a mess. If you decide to room there, call the hotel a few times and make sure that you're clear what you want and make sure they repeat it back to you. I won't recommend anyone staying here for a while till I know the construction is done.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Customer Service
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
Oakland, CA
Reviewed September 28, 2007

It's a Best Western in the middle of nowhere. It worked out fine for us, since we just needed a place to lay our heads for the night while on a road trip. It was mainly full of truckers doing the same. The room was clean, the beds ok, a/c worked, and the continental breakfast was the highlight of the stay. Waffle makers, can't beat that! I probably wouldn't stay here again, there were a lot of other options in the area that seem worth a try.

Stayed September 2007
Dallas, PA
Reviewed August 25, 2007

We stayed at this facility for two nights on a weekend in May, 2007. The room was to be nonsmoking. It reaked of smoke; no windows to draw in fresh air. The water was lukewarm and we phoned the front desk to have this repaired as we wanted to have a HOT shower. After the repair was supposedly done, the cold water ran to a trickle which made the hot water scalding. The general area was mediocre to say the least. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Needs a good cleaning and a major overhaul.

• Liked — location nearest our business meetings
  • Disliked — Seeming lack of cleanliness and lack ofattention to quality accommodations and travel comfort
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
Canada
Reviewed July 26, 2007

We rented a block of rooms for a family wedding. The carpet was filthy in most rooms. The air conditioner in at least 3 rooms was unusable because of strong odours emitted when turned on. It was particularly bad in my brothers room and reeked of old urine. Most of our group had to search for towels at night when we returned to the rooms as they hadn't been cleaned or made up. The breakfast was fine. The whirlpool was cold. The bathroom in my room (two queens) was so small one could barely turn around, yet the bathroom in my sisters room (also two queens) was nearly as large as the room. The worker in the breakfast room dropped waffle mix on the floor which spattered on my brothers suit and yet they gave him a hard time about it when he reported it to the front desk. (I was present on both occasions) I will avoid Best Western in the future.

Stayed July 2007
Cape Canaveral
Reviewed July 21, 2007

I was here for a wedding in town. Our party had reserved several rooms for friends attending from out of town. All of our rooms smelled of smoke even though they are supposed to be non-smoking.

At 9am, we were still in bed and the maid knocked on the door asking if they could clean our room. We said that we were not ready. She asked if 11am would be ok and we accepted. We then asked for an extra towel but the maid said (in very bad English) "No. You can have towels at 11"

• Stayed July 2007