“Very Good Stay, but....”

BEST WESTERN Bordentown Inn
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Bordentown
Windsor
“Very Good Stay, but....”
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Dropped in after being told at 1 pm that we would have to wait until 4 pm to check in at the Comfort Inn. Front desk staff was helpful and cordial. The room was clean, internet in the lobby did not work, and the breakfast was good. I would stay their again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VermontduoWindsor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Anacortes, Washington
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Front desk staff was courteous. Room was clean. Quiet. Morning breakfast was okay.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed June 3, 2011

Although this was an okay place to stay (i.e. no major issues and it's a place to sleep), I wouldn't recommend it overall. First, there's nothing in the area within walking distance (except other hotels), and even the nearest drug store is a confusing 15-minute drive from the location. We chose Bordentown because it was somewhat central to the activities we were planning as a family, and the price was more affordable than staying, say, at a hotel near Sesame Place. We were also attracted by the indoor pool (since May isn't always great for outdoor swimming), the continental breakfast, and the in-room fridge and microwave. Our overall experience, though, left us never wanting to go back to this specific hotel, and never wishing it on anyone else without fair warning.

From the time we got there to the time we left (4 days later), the room always seemed damp. The lights and switches didn't always work as expected, and the showerhead was cracked so when my husband tried to adjust it, it fell off. Wifi was horrible in the room with a very weak signal. The curtains were worn and looked ragged when the sun shone through them into the room. Housekeeping actually missed our room on the last day, and with the dampness, we really needed fresh towels every day. The front desk staff always seemed inconvenienced if we made a request, and they need to learn to prioritize between phone calls and people standing right in front of them.

So, all the minor things just added up to a poor rating. For an overnight stay, it might be tolerable, but a hotel stay should be more pleasant overall.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 23, 2011

I don't normally stay at Best Westerns because they are so hit-or-miss, but my company sent me to this property for budget reasons. Unfortunately, I'd have to say that this place was a miss for the most part. The stay was below average but not horrible. It's an older motel that looks like it was built in the 1950s and updated every so often. My biggest beef was that there was no internet for the last two nights of my stay. This affected everyone in my party, so I know it was not just me or my computer. The front desk clerk said they were aware of the problem and were working on it, but for the last 36 hours of my stay there was no service.

Other complaints: two sinks in the room but both drained slowly. The lighting in the room was horrible, and I have great eyes. The bed felt broken down and about 20 years old. Some trash underneath the bed (screw, pencil, etc.) but nothing really bad. One day the housekeeping staff forgot to provide washcloths.

Good points are that the staff seemed friendly and the rooms (at least mine) had a microwave and fridge. Breakfast is adequate. Just cereal, waffles, danish, and juice. That's all I expect for free at this type of property.

Overall, 2 out of 5 stars. I would have given 3 stars if the internet would have worked.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Abilene, Texas
Reviewed January 25, 2011

We are a military family changing from one base to another. After cleaning and moving we just wanted to shower, rest and sleep in a bed. Since all of our belongings are in tubs in our cars we only brought in what we needed and I'm glad that's what we did. I found receipts belonging to previous guests in the nook under the night table. I pulled the bed spread off the bed only to find empty coke bottles and straws under the bed. The light over the sink constantly went out. It's pretty difficult to see what you are doing with no light. We expressed our concerns to management and all she could say was sorry, not "I'll send someone over" or "let me change your room" I guess she called herself being gracious by telling us there was a computer with printer if we needed it and a continental breakfast available. After seeing how they kept their rooms there is NO way I want to eat there. Never again will we stay there.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank HolFamTrav
Lititz, PA
Reviewed August 30, 2010

The Best western Bordentown is a better-than-average, large, motel. It has a pool, free internet access, a good breakfast. Considering the low quality, generally, of hotels/motels in the McGuire AFB area, this facility is a relative bargain.

My room was clean and had a coffee maker and refrigerator. The amenities were minimal, but, then again, so was the price of the room. The hotel's wake-up call service was once again screwed up, and the remote for the TV needed new batteries.

The BW is across the street from a WaWa store, but not really convenient to much else, other than other hotels.

In brief, this is a better than average motel

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Philly
Reviewed August 24, 2010

Unfortunately, my girlfriend and I had to spend a few days out of town for a funeral. Fortunately, we found the Best Western Bordentown. Great staff (had an opportunity to speak to the manager as well and she was extremely nice), Decent Breakfast, Clean Rooms, Comfy Bed...all that I could ask for in a roadside hotel. I ran into a situation where I needed a late check-out, and was offered one - no questions asked. That's the kind of service I'm looking for!!! My only slight gripes were that the Bar and Grill closes a little early on weekdays (10 PM I think). Also, safest I've ever felt at a hotel with exterior doors. I'm not sure what happened with the other poorer reviews on here, but this place was borderline FLAWLESS!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple