“very good food, service a little slow”
Review of Alstarz Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Alstarz Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 206
Description: Alstarz Bar & Grill is a very unique restaurant bar & grill dedicated to Great Food, Great Drinks & Great Fun!! There are flat screen TVs throughout – even in the bathrooms! Outdoor patio allows smoking & private dining is available.
Reviewed January 7, 2014

my wife and i have eaten at Alstartz many times. they have a very nice selection on the menu. Their facility is on the large size with indoor and outdoor seating. the food has always been very good. there are quite an few restaurants in a close area so a lot of competition. the only thing Alstartz seems to lack is great service. on a few occasions, we have had to wait for service or the waiter seemed to disappear during our meal when i would want a refill...mind you, the service is not lousy, just a little slow. We continue to go back for the good eats.

Sean F, Manager at Alstarz Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Hi Dennis,

Thank you so much for your feedback. It is always beneficial for us to hear from our customers. I can assure you that we are working to ensure that Alstarz is always providing efficient, fast, and friendly service. I encourage you to come back and try us again! Next time you are in, please ask for Sean and reference the TripAdvisor review. I will make sure your service experience is much better this time around!

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Met a buddy for dinner this past Wednesday night. He had the babybacks, which were overcooked. I had the turkey burger platter. The burger was huge, seasoned just right and not overly dry. Instead of fries, I got a side of fruit for no upcharge. It was fresh and sweet.

The place was dead for a Wednesday night-"hump night." I wonder if it was due to the apathetic service. Robert Irvine and Jon Tafer would be apoplectic. There were all sorts of employees running around but they weren't running around to our table. It took 10 minutes to be offered a drink. The server had NP (no personality) and no positive energy to feed off about being there. Our entrees took too long to come out and our server was no where to be found. After the entrees arrived, we asked the server for something and she said she was leaving but that so and so would come over and introduce himself. So and so did come over, took some plates away but never introduced himself to say he was assuming care of the table. In general, from observing the faces of the help, there is no energy. it's a really nice place but without positive energy, it's no wonder it's not crowded. Management needs to re-evaluate their role because the leadership and energy starts at the top.

I am incredibly apologetic to hear about your less than satisfactory experience at Alstarz. During December, we did experience some menu changes and staff changes and I would encourage you to come back and try our new daily food and beer specials. We are striving to ensure that service is always the most efficient, and we of course want our customers to always come back! Next time you come in, please ask for Sean and reference TripAdvisor. I will make sure your experience is leaps and bounds above your previous one. Thank you for your feedback!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Alstarz is a spacious attractive sports bar with an unexpectedly better menu that the typical sports bar. The burgers and sandwiches are excellent but there is a large and varied selection of more upscale lunch and dinner items as well. Plenty, of TV's throughout the dining area make it easy to view the games while enjoying the food and beverage choices. The staff is friendly and generally efficient although the waits for orders are long when crowded. When the weather is pleasant there is a comfortable outdoor searing area. All in a all a good venue for groups of friends and families.

1  Thank jlnhbc
Sean F, Manager at Alstarz Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you for your review, always appreciate feedback from wonderful customers like yourself. Have you tried our brunch buffet on Sundays? $17.95 with a complimentary mimosa or champagne...all you can eat! Try it sometime before the game, you won't be disappointed.

Thanks again for your review and we look forward to hopefully seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I visited here on a Friday night before heading to Philly to catch a concert. I had hoped to eat in Philly, but ran late, so this was the fallback option. While it was recommended by a family member, I wasn't too impressed. Yes, the place looks pretty nice, I'll give it that. I asked for a drink menu and was told it wasn't possible to get one as it was being reprinted. Alright. So I asked for a wine menu, which I did get. The food menu had lots of options, which is always a good thing. I had the chipotle chicken sandwich, and that was a disappointment. The chicken was decent but lacked flavor. There was just a small dab of chipotle mayo on the bottom roll - not enough to really call the sandwich "chipotle chicken." To me, it just tasted like chicken with cheese & peppers. Very bland. I will say my glass of wine was good (difficult to mess that up!), and my husband didn't complain about his portobello burger...but he didn't rave about it either. We probably won't return to this restaurant anytime soon.

Sean F, Manager at Alstarz Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Hi there,

I'm sorry that you were disappointed with your experience here. I can assure you we strive to make our food look and taste great. Most importantly, we want to re-earn and keep your business. Our new drink (wine, cocktail, and beer) menu has been reprinted. We also have a variety of new drinks to choose from. I hope you will change your mind about coming back here. When you come in, ask for Sean and I will make sure your second experience rivals the first. Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We were here awhile back, maybe 8 months or so ago and never returned. I ordered a simple Ahi Tuna Club (grilled ahi tuna steak w/ onion, cucumber, avocado and wasabi mayo). I was disappointed. The sandwich arrived and looked okay (albiet I couldnt help wonder where the Tuna was!!) Actually it tasted pretty okay because I love the combination of onion/cucumber/avocado and wasabi!!!)

BUT - I was instantly turned off that they take a piece of tuna steak and slice it into a thin slice of tuna and that is your "sandwich"? I am sure they get at least 4 or more "slices" from one tuna steak about 1" thick. Very misleading, you barely tasted the tuna and that IS disappointing. We never returned and that is sad because it isnt all that far and could be an additional watering hole for us. Step It Up Alstarz.

Sean F, General Manager at Alstarz Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

I apologize for the delayed response. I am incredibly sorry to hear about your less than satisfactory experience(s) at Alstarz. We would love to become your go to watering hole, not just for drinks and sports-but for the restaurant and food experience also. Please give us another try! When you come back, ask for myself (Sean) and reference the trip advisor review posted here. I will make sure your return experience is one worth making.

Thank you for taking the time to review us and we hope to see you soon.