“Fun Place to watch Sunday football” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Alstarz Bar & Grill

Alstarz Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Alstarz Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 52 Restaurants in Bordentown
Cuisines: American, Bar, Steakhouse, International, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 206
Description: Alstarz Bar & Grill is a very unique restaurant bar & grill dedicated to Great Food, Great Drinks & Great Fun!! There are flat screen TVs throughout – even in the bathrooms! Outdoor patio allows smoking & private dining is available.
Crosswicks, nj
“Fun Place to watch Sunday football”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Alstarz is a spacious attractive sports bar with an unexpectedly better menu that the typical sports bar. The burgers and sandwiches are excellent but there is a large and varied selection of more upscale lunch and dinner items as well. Plenty, of TV's throughout the dining area make it easy to view the games while enjoying the food and beverage choices. The staff is friendly and generally efficient although the waits for orders are long when crowded. When the weather is pleasant there is a comfortable outdoor searing area. All in a all a good venue for groups of friends and families.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank jlnhbc
Sean F, Manager at Alstarz Bar & Grill, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for your review, always appreciate feedback from wonderful customers like yourself. Have you tried our brunch buffet on Sundays? $17.95 with a complimentary mimosa or champagne...all you can eat! Try it sometime before the game, you won't be disappointed.

Thanks again for your review and we look forward to hopefully seeing you again soon.

Ringwood, New Jersey
“Falls flat”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

I visited here on a Friday night before heading to Philly to catch a concert. I had hoped to eat in Philly, but ran late, so this was the fallback option. While it was recommended by a family member, I wasn't too impressed. Yes, the place looks pretty nice, I'll give it that. I asked for a drink menu and was told it wasn't possible to get one as it was being reprinted. Alright. So I asked for a wine menu, which I did get. The food menu had lots of options, which is always a good thing. I had the chipotle chicken sandwich, and that was a disappointment. The chicken was decent but lacked flavor. There was just a small dab of chipotle mayo on the bottom roll - not enough to really call the sandwich "chipotle chicken." To me, it just tasted like chicken with cheese & peppers. Very bland. I will say my glass of wine was good (difficult to mess that up!), and my husband didn't complain about his portobello burger...but he didn't rave about it either. We probably won't return to this restaurant anytime soon.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sean F, Manager at Alstarz Bar & Grill, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Hi there,

I'm sorry that you were disappointed with your experience here. I can assure you we strive to make our food look and taste great. Most importantly, we want to re-earn and keep your business. Our new drink (wine, cocktail, and beer) menu has been reprinted. We also have a variety of new drinks to choose from. I hope you will change your mind about coming back here. When you come in, ask for Sean and I will make sure your second experience rivals the first. Looking forward to seeing you soon!
Cranbury, New Jersey
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

We were here awhile back, maybe 8 months or so ago and never returned. I ordered a simple Ahi Tuna Club (grilled ahi tuna steak w/ onion, cucumber, avocado and wasabi mayo). I was disappointed. The sandwich arrived and looked okay (albiet I couldnt help wonder where the Tuna was!!) Actually it tasted pretty okay because I love the combination of onion/cucumber/avocado and wasabi!!!)

BUT - I was instantly turned off that they take a piece of tuna steak and slice it into a thin slice of tuna and that is your "sandwich"? I am sure they get at least 4 or more "slices" from one tuna steak about 1" thick. Very misleading, you barely tasted the tuna and that IS disappointing. We never returned and that is sad because it isnt all that far and could be an additional watering hole for us. Step It Up Alstarz.

Visited September 2012
Sean F, General Manager at Alstarz Bar & Grill, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
I apologize for the delayed response. I am incredibly sorry to hear about your less than satisfactory experience(s) at Alstarz. We would love to become your go to watering hole, not just for drinks and sports-but for the restaurant and food experience also. Please give us another try! When you come back, ask for myself (Sean) and reference the trip advisor review posted here. I will make sure your return experience is one worth making.

Thank you for taking the time to review us and we hope to see you soon.
Chesterfield, NJ
“Food and Service Consistently.........BAD!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

Stopped in yesterday to sit in the outdoor bar and enjoy the day. First thing that smacks you in the face is the stale cigarette smell. However, its an outside bar and people are entitled to smoke outdoors. We waited over 10 mins. while the bartender and waitress just saw thru us.
I've been to Alstarz maybe four times in the last few years and every time have left disappointed because of terrible food or poor service. Every time we go back, we think well last time we just caught a bad day. Doesn't seem to be the case. There are much better places to eat and drink very close by, so spend you time and money at a better establishment.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
I am very sorry to hear about your unsatisfactory experience(s) here. Our patio is one we want our guests to enjoy on a consistent basis, whether it is just to enjoy some drinks or our excellent food selection. Service here should be of the highest quality and it was disappointing to learn that you did not have that experience. We want to make sure our customers are satisfied with EVERY experience here. Please give us another try! When you come back ask for Sean and reference the trip advisor review. I will make sure your return experience is absolutely one worth making. Looking forward to seeing you again!
Yardley, Pennsylvania
“It's bad when basic faheitas are sent back!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Last year, we ate there for Thanksgiving and the buffet was awesome. So, the whole family of sixteen people had dinner there last night. We should have had a clue when the restaurant was almost completely empty on a Saturday night. Things were so bad that we sent back fajitas that only had cheese in them. How do you mess us something so simple. Even the cinnamon bread came out burnt. I tried the Main lobster roll. I ate most of the tiny pieces of lobster but left everything else. It didn't taste anything like the way it was described in the menu. My brother in law had a burger. The worst he had ever had. Obviously, we won't ever go back there.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Losing repeat customers is not something we pride ourselves on! I was sorry to learn that your food quality on your return visit was not what you had hoped. I can assure you that is not something we want to happen. Please come in and give us another try. When you do come back ask for Sean and reference the trip advisor review. I will make sure your food is fresh and delicious in addition to ensuring a great dining experience. Looking forward to seeing you again soon!