“Very good food and atmosphere”

Under the Moon Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Under the Moon Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 52 Restaurants in Bordentown
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Home Style
Cross street: Crosswicks
Burlington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good food and atmosphere”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

My husband and I have never eaten at Under the Moon Cafe before and we heard very positive feedback from friends, so we decided to have dinner there last night 3/8. The atmosphere was wonderful as was the food. However we were not very please with our waitress her name was Ashling, we came across very rude and arrogant. She left our table once serving our food and never came back to check on us, upon us flagging her down to get another drink her attitude appeared as if we were an inconvenience. As we glanced around the room we can see all the other waitresses and bus people seemed very pleasant, unfortunately we did not get this same pleasantry with our waitress. Giving the atmosphere and food we will definitely be returning, However should we been greeted with the same waitress we will not be staying. Going out to eat should be a pleasure and this young lady needs a class in dealing with the general public if she is going to maintain such a position having to deal with people.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Mare C

Baltimore, Maryland
“Unexpected treat!”
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

On a road trip from Maryland to New York, we stopped here for lunch. The cafe decor is full of vintage dishes and furniture. Our table was an old sewing machine. The waitress was attentive and friendly. The stuffed acorn squash appetizer was amazing and our lunch entrees were very tasty. So glad we stopped here!

1 Thank alblockfamily
Olympia, Washington
“Passing by is a good option”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I don't quite know what to say about this place. It has both good and bad points. Unfortunately, the bad overcome the good.

The decor is junkyard chic. There are tons of dust catchers scattered about the place. I think it is supposed to look like you are in an antique shop, but it comes off cluttered and dusty/dingy.

My wife and I went for lunch. They have the lunch menu and a prix fixe, 3 course dinner menu. The prix fixe menu runs a steep $35 for appetizer, salad and entree. But the lunch menu isn't cheap either; with $8 soup and $18 pasta dishes.

My wife had crab bisque and rigatoni. The crab bisque was good and a large portion. She should have stopped there. The rigatoni was huge and the vodka sauce was, well, blah.

My dinner was the melted brie, arugula salad, and pork osso bucco. The melted brie was MELTED all over the plate, and the overabundance of glazed walnuts and craisins masked the taste of the cheese. The bread was OK.

The arugula salad was drenched in lemon juice. It covered the taste of the arugula, the parmesan and the prosciutto. It was so sour, I couldn't eat more than 2 bites.

The pork osso bucco was a mixed blessing. The pork was done perfectly and was absolutely spot-on for taste and texture. Unfortunately, it was served on a bed of soggy mashed potatoes, with a marinara sauce that had too much raw wine flavor in it. So I picked the pork off the bone and ate it, leaving the puddle of marinara and potato on the plate.

For $35, I expect much more. Two of the three dishes were inedible, and the other barely palatable. Add to that an inattentive waitress, and it wasn't a pleasant experience. Paying $70 for this is an insult.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank CommanderChip
“Under The Moon is my favorite restaurant!”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

My experience at Under The Moon is always wonderful! The food is great and the staff is caring. I was just there and the waitress informed me theres a new menu coming out..I'm so excited to taste it! :-)

1 Thank kwooff
Marlton, New Jersey
“Too salty, tasteless, and inattentive service”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We visited Under the Moon Cafe for lunch on a Monday at 2:00 p.m. We were the only ones dining so the service should have been great, it was not. We were a party of three celebrating our daughter's birthday. My daughter and I split the large salad and a burrito, sans meat. The burrito was mostly rice, no salsa --no flavor. I ordered the pasta fagioli soup which was not edible. the main flavor was SALT and loads of it. It had a few beans in the broth and a piece of italian bread floating on top. My husband ordered the crab cake. It came on an 8 inch bun, the crab cake was 4 inches in diameter ( approximately 4 fork fully). The crab cake was tasty as we're the French fries served with both sandwiches. The waiter failed to bring out condiments, no catsup or salsa. He disappeared to the rear of the store and didn't return to fill water, etc. Not a good experience!

• Visited December 2012