“Consistently great!”
Review of Jester's Cafe

Jester's Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Jester's Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 54 Restaurants in Bordentown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: It is one of the best known and oldest restaurant in Bordentown. Excellent food and friendly staff, where the owner is from Italy.really cares
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Last night was another special event dinner and I chose Jester's because I have consistently had great dinners there. Last night was no exceptions. We all sampled each other's choices and we were all thrilled. Each of us already planning what to order the next time. I finally tasted the Senne Chicken. I didn't know what I was missing, so that is on the top of my list for the next visit which I hope is soon. The drinks were a real treat too. We left there feeling so full and pleased. Last night was a little bit chilly but soon I look forward to dinning outside as well. The staff was so sweet to make my daughter's birthday celebration memorable. Thank you, again.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

When they are "on", it is the best burger in town. Unfortunately, that was that one good day.

We have been there at least 8 times and refuse to return. The owner is a very nice guy who seems to be walked on by his staff. Truthfully, the staff doesn't care and it is obvious.

On our last "adventure", we sat outside on a nice fall day with our children, 2 and 3. The kids were hungry so we asked for some bread which came after the food arrived.

Now, I ask you, what does one usually dip french fries in? After our waitress finally came back to check on us 10 minutes after dropping the food, we asked for some ketchup.

After asking three different staff members for ketchup, the waitress brought it with the check. We had to go inside to pay because the waitress never returned and, when we did, I mentioned the fiasco to the hostess (I believe it may have been the owner's wife) and she asked me "what I expect her to do about it."

At that point, another guest said, "I agree, our service was terrible" at which point the hostess became rather "flustered."

Sorry, the food is good and the management is over their heads. Try anywhere else on the block and prepare to be appreciated and amazed.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

I chose this restaurant to celebrate my brother's birthday. Knowing how much he would appreciate real food made well, this place satisfied all expectations. Even the one very picky eater among us was thrilled. The quality, presentation and service was excellent. The special cocktails were a nice treat. We didn't stay for the entertainment because my brother had over an hour drive home in bad weather. We look forward to visiting here again. Having worked in the restaurant business for many years, I appreciate when a meal is made the way it is supposed to be. As far as costs, you get what you pay for. If you can't afford fine dining, stay home or eat the crap at the chain restaurants.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

What a pleasant surprise- traveling through Bordentown and hungry, saw the sign and stopped in. everything was top notch- Mussels Marinara were delectable, and as spicy as you want. Vegetable pizza was quite unexpected and delightfully delicious- a white pizza with roasted sweet potatoes, carrots, eggplant, onion, garlic. Yum! Side Caesar salad was unusually tasty. Extensive menu including several vegetarian / seafood options. Fresh ingredients apparent. Service was very attentive and pleasant. Will plan a stop there on our next trip north.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

My wife & I ate there last night (Friday). We had reviewed the website menu and we were pleasantly surprised at the "affordable" prices listed. However, once we arrived, the one-page paper menu had several more choices but most entrees were priced higher than what had appeared on the website. It was a very cold night outside and the City was hosting a "Chocolate Walk" event so the restaurant and the bar seemed a little busy (and loud). We were seated next to the windows near the front door so it was very drafty as many people were coming and going while tasting the chocolate fountain. The food and service was good and my wife enjoyed her martini, so overall I would recommend this place. Dinner, drinks and dessert cost us about $80 plus tip.

1  Thank Russell M