“Group Dining”

Dining options: Reservations
NJ
“Group Dining”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I eat here once a month with a church group, so we don't encounter the difficulties some of the other reviewers have had with long waits. We use the upstairs party room, and they know to expect us. There's usually a group of almost 20. We order before 6, so for under $20 (including tax/tip), the early bird special is ideal. Soup or a salad, an entree and desssert, coffee. It's BYOB, and we do! The bread is warmed, and we enjoy it! I like the specials, like the braised short ribs...but, if it's not on the menu, the chicken francese or the mussels are always a good choice...
I've eaten here for years, like their version of a red sauce, and have been seldom disappointed. They treat us very well, and we return often as individuals, not just as the social group.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank wearytrvlr

north arling
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“la great”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

what a place breath taking and the service was gerat what great food and drinks i will be back me and my freinds enjoy ours selfs eat laughing nght away staff great food great

Visited May 2012
northern nj
“Horrible & Not At All Family Friendly!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Just came from dinner at this place. We were seated at 5pm and did not receive our simple dishes (pasta, chicken parm) until 7pm! Our children were so hungry and although the waiter offered to bring more bread (stale and cold at that), we didn't want them filling up on bread when we'd ordered meals. Complaining to management did nothing to expedite service, either. The food itself was bland and unremarkable.

Do NOT go here, especially if you've got kids. For a place that translates as "the family" in Italian, it was decidedly NOT family friendly!

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank NjMoma2
Little Ferry, New Jersey
“Fabulous food!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I came here for a co-worker's party & I must go back! The food is great and the service was prompt & attentive. This was a package party deal so 1st we got appetizers - huge plates of crispy fresh fried calamari & best arancini ever! The pasta course was simply ziti in a marinara sauce - very homemade tasting. Next a zesty salad with jicama slices, very fresh. There was a choice of entrees - I wanted the fish in brodo but they changed it to tilapia oreganata - I don't care for tilapia so I had chicken Marsala which I usually don't order because it's always so heavy. Not; so here - the cutlets were thin paillards, very lightly floured, and the sauce was light but very tasty. It was wonderful, everyone enjoyed the food. Only problem was parking; the small lot in back was full& no spaces on the snow covered streets but I did call & the lady helped me find a spot around the corner. Also it's byob which is fine - keeps the prices down.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank NoahsGMa
River Vale, New Jersey
“I have never tasted food so bland.....thought I was in a hospital cafeteria”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Ok, so I have been trying to get to this place for over a month and finally we did. We were having a family dinner for my older daughter who was leaving to study in Spain the next day so what would be more perfect than to try this so called gem. First off the staff seems pleasant and attentive to your needs but that is where it ends. We ordered the fried calamari and we sent that back after tasting it. They replaced it with the panzarotti....no better...overcooked! The salad was ok for lack of a better word. Then the entrees came all at different times, I will describe and bore you with the details but let me say this, I have never tasted more TASTELESS over cooked seafood and TASTELESS red sauce in my entire life.....and this was their signature dish, mussels, clams, calamari over pasta. Do not waste your time, this is well below average for me. I truly apologize for this review but I really do get upset when I have this kind of experience and I have to pay for it!

• Visited January 2013