“la great”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 5, 2013

what a place breath taking and the service was gerat what great food and drinks i will be back me and my freinds enjoy ours selfs eat laughing nght away staff great food great

There are newer reviews for La Famiglia

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Just came from dinner at this place. We were seated at 5pm and did not receive our simple dishes (pasta, chicken parm) until 7pm! Our children were so hungry and although the waiter offered to bring more bread (stale and cold at that), we didn't want them filling up on bread when we'd ordered meals. Complaining to management did nothing to expedite service, either. The food itself was bland and unremarkable.

Do NOT go here, especially if you've got kids. For a place that translates as "the family" in Italian, it was decidedly NOT family friendly!

2  Thank NjMoma2
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I came here for a co-worker's party & I must go back! The food is great and the service was prompt & attentive. This was a package party deal so 1st we got appetizers - huge plates of crispy fresh fried calamari & best arancini ever! The pasta course was simply ziti in a marinara sauce - very homemade tasting. Next a zesty salad with jicama slices, very fresh. There was a choice of entrees - I wanted the fish in brodo but they changed it to tilapia oreganata - I don't care for tilapia so I had chicken Marsala which I usually don't order because it's always so heavy. Not; so here - the cutlets were thin paillards, very lightly floured, and the sauce was light but very tasty. It was wonderful, everyone enjoyed the food. Only problem was parking; the small lot in back was full& no spaces on the snow covered streets but I did call & the lady helped me find a spot around the corner. Also it's byob which is fine - keeps the prices down.

1  Thank NoahsGMa
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Ok, so I have been trying to get to this place for over a month and finally we did. We were having a family dinner for my older daughter who was leaving to study in Spain the next day so what would be more perfect than to try this so called gem. First off the staff seems pleasant and attentive to your needs but that is where it ends. We ordered the fried calamari and we sent that back after tasting it. They replaced it with the panzarotti....no better...overcooked! The salad was ok for lack of a better word. Then the entrees came all at different times, I will describe and bore you with the details but let me say this, I have never tasted more TASTELESS over cooked seafood and TASTELESS red sauce in my entire life.....and this was their signature dish, mussels, clams, calamari over pasta. Do not waste your time, this is well below average for me. I truly apologize for this review but I really do get upset when I have this kind of experience and I have to pay for it!

2  Thank Sergio M
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I went here with my family. This is all home made food! The food was excellent. When we went it was a friday or saturday night, sorry cannot remember but it was a weekend. It wasnt too busy but the woman was all alone helping us and 3 other tables as well as cooking the food. We had to wait a while but i was well worth it! The woman was really nice and apologized and gave us extra bread. The food was sooo good we didnt even mind that we had to wait long. They def. need to hire some helpers though. However, all the food was GReAT. The place isn't that big but it decorated nicely.