“Casual Mexican”

Cinco De Mayo
Ranked #3 of 15 Restaurants in Bloomingdale
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 22, 2017

After driving by Cinco De Mayo many times, my wife and I decided to give it a try. The restaurant is small, warm and cozy and gets busy quickly. They have a full bar. We ordered margaritas that were very good. The service is very prompt. As soon as we were seated they took our drink order and brought salsa and chips to the table. The salsa was spicy and delicious. We split the avocado with shrimp for and appetizer. It was good but could have used a bit more seasoning. Dinner entrees were the shrimp in a green sauce with rice and refried beans. The sauce was very good and the shrimp fresh. Service was friendly and quick. When we finished dinner, the waiter brought us complimentary shots of tequila and banana filled churros. The entire meal took less than an hour, but didn't feel rushed. Cinco De Mayo is a good choice for a casual Mexican dinner.

Reviewed July 17, 2017

Love this Mexican Restaurant. The Mole is to die for and all their food is authentic. Fantastic staff. Get there early since the restaurant is packed after 6:30.

Reviewed June 23, 2017

Not only do we love the food but we really like the owners and staff. We are not frequent diners, about 3 or 4 times a year, but they always remember us; that is a very nice feeling.

Reviewed June 10, 2017

I'm not sure how anyone could rate this even just "good," much less "horrible," and I'm one of the most picky diners I know...

I eat here pretty regularly. The prices are moderate, the food is delicious, fresh, and plentiful. The margaritas are strong!

Best part, imo, not only do you get the usual chips and salsa, you always get free cheese quesadillas as an appetizer and free fried banana pasty dessert things and a free shot of tequila at the end of your meal. Every single time. Makes the prices even more worth it.

I always clean my plate even though it's way too much food, lol.

Reviewed March 24, 2017 via mobile

We have dined here multiple times and tried various dishes. The food is bland and needs more sauce. Margarita pitcher was expensive too.