“Cheap Thai Food at Lunch”

Brookside Thai Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 123 Restaurants in Bloomfield
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed December 19, 2011

At a price of $6.95/entree, Brookside Thai offers 12 great dishes to try at lunch, three of them quite spicy. From the popular Pad Thai, to basil and lime chicken to black bean pork, you can't go wrong with any of these choice and the price is really great! I had hot jasmine tea, while my friends had hot orange tea (orange in color, so don't be shocked) and orange iced tea (served with milk and sugar). Street parking available at meters.

Reviewed October 7, 2011

We get takeout from here weekly. When they say 15 minutes, they mean 25. The chicken Satay is great, moist and plump. The spicy duck salad is our favorite, the curry duck is also very tasty. Beef pad ce ew is a little greasy but delicious. Also like the chicken pra ram which has lots of good veggies. Have not had luck with the seafood, the calamari is terrible and deep fried. All in all if you know what to order you can have a delicious reasonably priced Thai meal.

Reviewed September 16, 2011

I do love their food, and it is reasonably priced. I just wish they would get rid of the horrible old woman who answers the phone. every time i call, i tell myself it's just a cultural difference. but i'm convinced she's just awful. it very nearly makes me go elsewhere...boonsong is also good. down broad street toward watchung, on left.

1  Thank kristen c
Reviewed October 7, 2008

I always ask for tom kha gai, mild. Friendly, relaxing and very reasonable.

Reviewed September 24, 2008

I wasn't crazy about the food