“Awesome food unbelievable prices”
Review of Taqueria Autentica

Taqueria Autentica
Ranked #41 of 119 Restaurants in Bloomfield
Cuisines: Mexican
Savannah, Georgia
“Awesome food unbelievable prices”
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Ok for starter we told the waitress (who was great, honest and helpful) they should raise the prices. Now how often after a great quality meal do you tell them to charge you more? Well they should here they deserve to get paid for high quality fresh food with great friendly service. Everything was excellent, tasteful, fresh and perfectly prepared. Ok we had taco de carnitas, taco de carne asada, taco de zucchini (out of zucchini asked if we would like mushrooms or cactus instead we went with mushrooms....great), ensalada de la bandera (with lightly fried cactus and chicama), brown rice and beans......all great.
Like many restaurants in NJ BYOB but there's a liquor store a half a block away.
Highly highly recommended.

• Visited August 2013

Virginia USA
“Not So Sure About”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stopped in Taqueria Autentic a couple of weeks ago. It is unassuming and definitely kid friendly with plenty for the little ones to do. The menu is limited and while the preparation is probably authentic, I was a little disappointed. I had the pork and it was dry and not very flavorful, and had the chorizo, which was tasty, but also dry. I wish them luck since my kids had a good time and I am sure will want to go again: me I am not so sure about.

• Visited May 2013
bloomfield,nj
“Great food, all the time”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Taqueria Autentica is a wonderful kid friendly place. Food is great, for kids need to specify not spicy but otherwise wonderful.
Fun and enlightening food, we love it and the kids love the activities they have there.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank mustryit
Morristown, New Jersey
“Food Truck Turned into Great Mexican Family Taqueria”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

On our way back from a soccer game in Newark, since I have never been able to catch the Truck, but read many of the reviews see: http://www.taqueriaautentica.com/press.php

I easily found my to this unique place. We also had friends who grew up in Mexico City, and my wife is a huge lover of Mexican food. We were very impressed indeed, too bad forgot to buy wine. Great family atmosphere, they have the best selling Mexican soft drink Jarritos. Try the naturally flavored tamarindo (Tamarind). We ordered carnita tortas, chicken tacos, home made chorizo tacos and carne asada (Skirt Steak). One better than the next. They also have a torta sandwich

Chef-owner easy to deal with we got there at 9:50 kitchen closes at 10, instead of being rushed he served us pork tamales! Desert (Dulce) was great as well. Highly recommended.

You can follow them Twitter @taqueriAutentic and check on the Truck Hours etc

They are open from Brunch Sundays
Apparently in starting May food truck travels to to Summit NJ for Farmer's Market on Sundays
On Saturday starting in June he is at the Montclair Farmer's Market
Apparently Truck in Newark did not work

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank kenzahl
Parsippany, New Jersey
“Worth the trip!”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Went here out of curiosity on a Sunday after my son saw this place on Restaurant Stakeout. The food was delicious and the prices were amazing. We ordered the guacomole with chips, carnita tortas, chicken tacos, chorizo tacos and cheese quesadillas. My family of 4 have spent the same amount eating at a greasy fast food place. Our server was very polite and helpful especially with our one son that has many food allergies. Even though it was a 45 minute trip for us we would definitely return for another meal.

• Visited December 2012