“Great evening”

Cross street: Watchung
Springfield, Illinois
“Great evening”
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

We were invited to a get together with friends we hadn't seen in many years after being out of NJ since the last Imelda we were together. Many of the fine restaurants always seem to be in nearby Montclair so we were a little skeptical. Boy were we wrong. The choices were amazing! Great appetizers, delicious entrees and wonderful deserts. Service was attentive and classy even with a group of over fifteen. Only wish we could have gone back again before we left town.

Visited May 2013

South Orange, New Jersey
“Great restaurant for lunch!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I highly recommend Bar Cara. I wish that I could give it a 4.5 rating. I have eaten at this restaurant numerous times since it opened. I have only eaten there during the lunch service. Bar Cara is a nice place to have a quiet and tasty lunch. It has never been overcrowded during the lunch service. Usually, we see colleagues, small groups of friends, etc. eating there. The décor is modern with personal touches to soften it. There is a large bar area when you first walk into the restaurant. There are two distinct dining rooms to the left of the bar. The service is always pleasant. During the summer and warmer months, the restaurant has lovely seating outside.

The lunch menu is primarily upscale bar food mixed with nice homey entrees with offerings such as grilled shrimp panini, lump crab burger, mascarpone polenta fries, calamari, shrimp scampi, ricotta gnocchi, a variety of pizzas, salads, etc. The food is very good. Sometimes, I have found it to be slightly under seasoned (with the exception of the pizza). Of course, it is easy enough to add salt. However, since I have eaten at and love Fascino (Montclair restaurant owned by same chef and family), the sometimes under seasoned food stands out for me. I highly recommend the zeppole for dessert. I have eaten zeppole all of my life and I have never had them so flavorful and light (yes, light zeppole!). They are fantastic!

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank Mabel8
West Orange, New Jersey
“Excellent Service and Food!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

The food at this restaurant is exceptional! Portions are good and everything is served at appropriate temperatures. We like to eat outside when the weather is permitting. Service is always with a smile and you feel valued as a patron.

• Visited September 2012
North Carolina Coast, North Carolina
“A Delight”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

My brother and I had lunch this week at Bar Cera. The atmosphere was quaint and service professional. I ordered mussels and tuscan fries and my brother had the strozzapreti. All was delicious. There is a full bar. Prices were moderate with our bill coming to $37.45 which included two beers.

• Visited March 2013
Clifton, New Jersey
“Also Great for Lunch”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Been many times for dinner, but had lunch at Bar Cara for the first time today. They have a lunch menu with a great deal of variety, including pizza, pasta, burgers and mussels.... and much more. Prices and portions are reduced for lunch as are the crowd and noise. However the quality of the food remains as well as the excellent service. They have a good choice of beers, wines by the glass and mixed drinks. I recommend it highly, but hope it remains relatively quiet at lunch anyway.

• Visited March 2013