“Highly recommended”

Dining options: Reservations
PR
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We had a great dinner at this historical [Old Joseph Davis House] and informal restaurant. The beef is what we came for (originally): tender Filet and Ribeye, but we also went for their Clams Strips, very good Salmon, [the Flounder did not impress me], the Lobster Ravioli was okay BUT the Chicken Wings are to-die-for! The service is outstanding!

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Gimena B

Scotch Plains
“Fun outdoor space for dinner”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

If you like al fresco dining and you're in the Bloomfield area do give it a try. Their bar is well stocked and their wait staff is friendly and helpful. Their burgers and steaks are excellent and if you like Caesar salad theirs is quite good. We often have business lunches here and meet up with friends after work as well.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank IMB95
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,396 helpful votes
“Charming”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I ate here with a sister, her twins, and her mother-in-law. It is one of her Mother-in-Law's favorite places. It was quiet during a summer lunch so the service was excellent. Food was delicious and atmosphere unique! I didn't pay so I am not sure about the prices.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Luvs2TravelAnywhere
Nutley, New Jersey
“"Even Giants Fall"”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

This has always been a premier steakhouse, one of the best in North Jersey which says a lot. You can really get a decent steak anywhere around here. What made this place special was the ambiance, the quality of the food and the quality of the service. Always pricy, I never had an issue about paying for the overall product I was purchasing. Ever! Until tonight. Not busy by any means on a weekday early eve, our waitress (highly inexperienced) promptly forgot to send our dinner order into the kitchen, Bread and salads and drinks on the table, we just wanted our twelve dollar appetizer. Thirty minutes after our order was taken, I got up and found the owner (a friend) and asked him to find out what was going on. Anyone would agree that just shouldn't occur. The appy came out, immediately followed by our steaks. Both were ordered med rare and they were both med well (at 28 bucks per) but by now, we were so damn hungry and pissed off, we just decided to eat and get out. We did both. I hate to say this, as I've been a customer there for a number of years (although I usually hit it about 5 to 6 times a year), I'll be hard pressed to go back. There was no excuse for this experience. If you run a restaurant to a certain standard, you must keep that standard. Something's changed there and quite frankly, they've slipped. I hope they get it together soon.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Tom C
Bloomfield, New Jersey
“Nice Place”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

The food has always been good and gourmet like but it's a bit pricey. The staff wears their own street clothes which kind of takes away from the feeling of being in an upscale restaurant. Feel the prices would call for a more professional look especially on a Saturday night. They do have an outdoor patio weather permitting and casual attire is fine there but if I'm dressed up being waited on by someone in jeans and sneakers it's a turn-off. They over-kill with the "how's everything" especially if you have food in your mouth. Usually have to give a thumbs-up sign.
Do recommend it tho for both lunch and dinner meals.

• Visited March 2014