“Great Food / Great Pricing”

Stamna Greek Taverna
Ranked #4 of 123 Restaurants in Bloomfield
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The atmosphere is a welcoming typical Greek restaurant environment. The staff is very professional, friendly and polite. The service overall is what is expected when dining out. The cruise has Italian chooses as well and everything I tried tasted delicious. It was a bit warm in restaurant, however the weather outside was very hot. It was a struggle to keep cool but the conditions were not typical everyday conditions. For having so many customers opening and closing
the door, the staff did their best to ensure everyone was happy and comfortable. All in all, a great dinner experience and I highly recommend this establishment.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I have been here countless times and am always happy. The food is perfect, as is the service and location. My favorite Avgalemono Soup and Chicken Souvlaki!

Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

My husband and eat here often and have introduced many friends to Stamna. So when he needed a place to have a surprise 60th party (mine) it was easy to pick Stamna. They organized it well and it was terrific. Everyone had what they wanted, it came out together (amazing for 25 meals) and all done right and well. Everyone loved their meals. Also great is it is BYO so the prices can stay down. A real return to restaurant!

1  Thank nancy s
Reviewed April 12, 2013

In the restaurant business, unfortunately, you're often only as good as the last meal you served. For this reason, its important to pay attention if a customer isn't satisfied. This Monday, Stamna blew it on both accounts.
At the recommendation of the server - a young man who obviously has much to learn - I ordered the stuffed cabbage special. What arrived was a plate full of undercooked rather dry cabbage sparsely stuffed with a pork and rice combination which was mediocre at best.
When our waiter came by to check on us, I reported that the cabbage was dry to which he responded, "thank you". He then disappeared only to return when we had finished. When he asked if I wanted to take my almost full plate home, I told him no - it is too dry eat. He then said, "you should have said something earlier". I let him know I had and tactfully did not reproach him for implying that I, the customer was to blame for a bad dish. Amazingly, he then brought us our check with no apology, comment or adjustment. This is not the way to run a restaurant!

1  Thank coeurdelion
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a great restaurant located in in the middle of Bloomfield. The lemon potatoes are the greatest and the falafel and gyros are awesome. the fried calamari is excellent as well as the lamb kabob. There is plenty of food and the portions are huge. It is always loud and busy and everyone is enjoying their meals and having a great time!