“Nice atmosphere”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
New York City, New York
“Nice atmosphere”
Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

You can have a very relaxing meal with friendly service at this nice place on Main Street. I recommend the Caesar Salad. The Quesadilla was pretty good as was the grilled cheese. Very quiet town but the ambiance is quite nice.

Rocky Point, NY
“A hidden treasure!”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We found this place on accident. We were leaving Delaware water gap and at a stop sign, we noticed the cutest town to our left. We decided to pull in and walk around this historical town. We are sure glad we did. The service was spectacular. The waitress smiled throughout and the chef was accommodating. I ordered the leaning tower if Bella but wanted to substitute the mushrooms with chicken. It wasn't a problem. The food was outstanding and the portions were huge. My fiancé ordered the eggplant Parma and was most delighted. The choices in the menu were unique and all seemed so tasty that it was difficult to choose. The grilled mozzarella appetizers were to die for! An explosion of flavor with each bite.

• Visited August 2014
Jersey City, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great PARM!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Had some of their dishes at a party they catered....it was fantastic! My favorites were the eggplant parm and an amazing--let me repeat A.MA.ZING cake they made... And from what I heard from the hosts of the party, the staff was courteous, easy to work with, prompt and provided excellent service and value for the money. I’ll definitely be using them for future events and now I want to visit their place in Blairstown. Delish!

• Visited July 2014
Catonsville, Maryland
“Fabulous food and service!”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I was visiting friends in Blairstown this weekend and we decided to try the Gourmet Gallery. Nice outdoor seating right on historic and peaceful Main Street - a hidden treasure. I am vegetarian, and often only have one choice on a restaurant menu -- but they had several fabulous sounding options. The three of us each chose something different and shared. Our favorite was the beluga lentils with sweet potatoes and spinach served over rice. It was amazing! The other entrees (spanikopita and the tower of bella) were very good too. Service was friendly, atmosphere was great. I highly recommend that you try this place - Blairstown is lucky to have such fine food!!

• Visited June 2014
Andover, New Jersey
“Excellent Pub Style Cheeseburger (and Messy!)”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

This is a quaint little restaurant on Main Street in Blairstown. It's off of Route 94 so you won't happen by it unless you turn off Route 94 onto Main Street. There is outdoor seating on a quiet street that doesn't have a lot of traffic. Directly across the street is the Historic Blairstown Theatre which is featured in the original Friday the 13th movie (filmed in Blairstown, NJ). It's an very old building (probably 1800's, early 1900's) and is well maintained with all it's original character. Sitting outside among all these old buildings of Blairstown, you can feel what it was probably like at the turn of the 20th Century.

I had the cheeseburger which was delicious. It was big and messy. You can choose how you want it cooked. They weren't busy but I waited a very long time for my meal. I didn't mind because I was enjoying the view of the theatre and people across the street and enjoying the warm weather. The burger was $12.95. An oversized cupcake was $3.50. The cupcake was "ok". The cake part was not soft and fresh tasting.

The turkey sandwich served near Thanksgiving is delicious with cranberry in the sandwich. Next door is their cafe which has great quiches.

Parking is limited as it's street parking (parallel parking) but you can usually find a spot.

• Visited June 2014