Howard Johnson Express Inn - Blackwood
$82
$80
$85
TripAdvisor
All reviewshuge bathroomstay there againjacuzzi tubbagelsnew jerseywawamicrowavephiladelphiaproximityhighway
Reviewed April 7, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Reviewed April 2, 2013

After reading reviews for this hotel I figured it would be a decent place to stay. I stayed for three days and booked online so I received a decent discount on the room. My husband and I stayed in a king room with a jacuzzi. It is my understanding that numerous rooms have large soaking tubs but they don't all have the whirlpool jets. This room did. The hot tub was spacious but was located in the bathroom. (Most hotels I've stayed in have them in the main room) The shower was small with no where to put anything. The shower pressure was great and the water was hot.

The bed was comfortable and pretty much everything about the room itself was nice. I'm not sure if it was because we had a smoking room or what was going on but when I woke up the first morning I was sick with a head cold. As soon as I would leave the room it would clear up but when in the room I had problems.

They had internet service but from the room I was staying in, it didn't work very well. It would go in and out most of the time.

I was there while working at a local school district. When they found out where I was staying they encouraged me to switch hotels. A few months ago there was a drug bust there and it seems that the area is known for theft and violence. The hotel does offer long term stays and there are family's who live there permanently along with known sex offenders.

For me and my husband I felt no safety concerns, however if you have children and are going on a family vacation you might want to avoid this place. Compared to other hotels in the area this one has the best price by far and the stay was decent.

Reviewed April 1, 2013