“could of been better”

Reviewed November 13, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MARIA S

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. The shower isn't large enough for one normal size human being. The internet did not work the entire week of my stay. I spoke to the front desk clerk several times who guaranteed me that it was a temporary situation. I was on a business trip and the internet was necessary.The final night of my stay I had to carry all my business items (laptop included) through the snow to the lobby and work throughout the night. There was no hair dryer which I also asked for several times. Each time I was told that the cleaning women would bring one. I never received one. As I was checking out,I asked for a discount due to the inconvenience and was told "there was nothing that they could do." I have also filed a complaint with Wyndham.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Miagal21
Reviewed November 7, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank PHILIP C
Reviewed November 7, 2012

The Bathroom was dirty toilet had urine stains bed was not made up it was messy great rooms poor cleanliness. Heat did not come on right away it was cold for $100.00 on a Sunday night highway robbery we will find another location to visit. although front desk person was very nice.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MARIBER C
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DEMETRIS H
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed here on business a few years ago and the same business brought me down again. I brought my dogs with me again this time and since I had a good stay last time, I decided to stay again. They put me on the first floor this time which was much easier than being on the top floor the last time. The room was clean and the size was perfect for what we needed. Two years later, their internet is still terrible. I could only get about one bar of internet and it was constantly kicking me off. I called the front desk and they pretty much just told me that their internet is terrible. So I had to do my work out of the lobby again, which I didn't mind too much because I could get breakfast there too. Would've just preferred to be able to do my work from my room. Also, housekeeping never showed up the second day and didn't even call me until after 4pm to ask if wanted housekeeping. I told them to forget it then, I was fine. Front desk was always very helpful and accommodating. I did see several children around the property this time that looked like they actually lived at the hotel. I'd say my stay this time around was so-so. Not amazing, but not terrible. Will probably stay here again due to the fact that that I can bring my dogs and the rooms are cheap.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 28, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blackwood
Hampton Inn Turnersville (Philadelphia Area)
Fairfield Inn Deptford
Courtyard Deptford
#2 of 3 in Deptford
Howard Johnson Express Inn Bellmawr/Philadelphia Area
Wingate by Wyndham Voorhees Mt. Laurel

Been to Howard Johnson Express Inn - Blackwood? Share your experiences!