Howard Johnson Express Inn - Blackwood
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Blackwood
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed here on business a few years ago and the same business brought me down again. I brought my dogs with me again this time and since I had a good stay last time, I decided to stay again. They put me on the first floor this time which was much easier than being on the top floor the last time. The room was clean and the size was perfect for what we needed. Two years later, their internet is still terrible. I could only get about one bar of internet and it was constantly kicking me off. I called the front desk and they pretty much just told me that their internet is terrible. So I had to do my work out of the lobby again, which I didn't mind too much because I could get breakfast there too. Would've just preferred to be able to do my work from my room. Also, housekeeping never showed up the second day and didn't even call me until after 4pm to ask if wanted housekeeping. I told them to forget it then, I was fine. Front desk was always very helpful and accommodating. I did see several children around the property this time that looked like they actually lived at the hotel. I'd say my stay this time around was so-so. Not amazing, but not terrible. Will probably stay here again due to the fact that that I can bring my dogs and the rooms are cheap.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Reviewed October 24, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Like old saying goes "you get what you pay for" is true especially in this case. I stayed in this hotel for one night because I had a wedding in Glassboro. When you enter the lobby there is an overwhelming smell of bleach, which threw me off. The man at the front desk was nice and very informative.

When we entered the room it smelled a little off. When I looked at the bed I was a little perturbed by the comforter. The comforter had stains and cigarette burns (funny thing considering t's a non smoking room). The sheets were clean. The Room was a little dark and outdated.

The surrounding area left a lot to be desired. Ran into some INTERESTING people staying at Hotel.

Would I stay here again? Depends. If I am broke and need a cheap room? Yes. If I had the ability to pay for a better hotel? No.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Loved the balconies. I don't think this hotel had a very good rating, but I was very pleased. Not fancy, but clean, comfy, fridge, microwave, coffee pot, and a BALCONY! Very nice stay.

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blackwood
Hampton Inn Turnersville (Philadelphia Area)
Fairfield Inn Deptford
Howard Johnson Express Inn Bellmawr/Philadelphia Area
Inn at Voorhees
Inn at Voorhees
#4 of 4 in Voorhees

Been to Howard Johnson Express Inn - Blackwood? Share your experiences!