All reviewshuge bathroomjacuzzi tubstay there againbagelswawamicrowaveproximityphiladelphiahighway
Reviewed April 18, 2011

I was traveling with a dog which is what attracted me to this location. Room was large, and average clean. Horrendous rain so we did not see much of the outside. Good value price wise. This is a pet friendly hotel. However, my dog was far better behaved than many of the other hotel guests who yelled, partied and slamed doors way into the night. Sadly it seems like a good value is attracting the wrong kind of guests.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 11, 2011

The room smelled! I mean it stinks! Bought a can of Febreze and use half the can first night, barley helped. Run down. Room was not vacuumed during our stay ( 3 nights). If I was 20 again I guess I would have been happy I was away. But I'm in the 50's and was not happy with the room. Carpet very dirty. Mold in corners of the room.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Barb988
Reviewed March 25, 2011

We were visiting family in the area, and this was very convenient and reasonably priced. We stayed Friday and Saturday evenings. What a mistake! While the rooms and lobby were clean, comfortable and up to date, the exterior walkways and stairwells were dirty and falling apart. The outside elevator worked intermittently. The biggest issue was that this was a party hotel on weekends with probably a hundred teenagers and 20-somethings taking all the rooms. The partying and noise went all night with drunken rowdiness. People were trying to open our room door with their card keys in the middle of the night because they were too drunk to remember what their room number was. Also, the sounds of passionate love-making were particularly disturbing. The next morning were lots of empty alcohol bottles lying around along with puddles of urine in the stairwells. Disgusting! Now South Jersey is a pretty seedy place except for a few notable exceptions, but the sketchy characters we saw the next morning made me very uncomfortable. Perhaps weekdays might be better, but we cannot recommend this hotel based on our experience.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank ottoquad
Reviewed November 8, 2010

It was a ok hojo. They are building a new wawa next door so every morning including weekends they where out working. I'm sure in a few weeks it will not be a issues but it was while we where there.. The hotel is older so don't let the new office fool you. I would stay here again but would look else where next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: October 2010
1  Thank Mike P
Reviewed November 1, 2010

So I booked this place and then looked at reviews and I got nervous. Other people told me that Hojos were pretty bad too. So I had some other hotels on hand just in case this one didn't pan out.

Honestly after reading these reviews and staying at this Hojo, I felt like I was at a completely different hotel! This place was WONDERFUL!! I came with my 2 dogs and booked whatever the cheapest was - they ended up giving me the king room with a GIANT bathtub (seriously you could fit five people in there if you wanted to). The room was huge, the bathroom was huge, and there also was a balcony porch, and fridge/microwave combo. The room didn't smell bad at all like other reviews have claimed. It's not a 5-star resort, but this place was great!

Front desk was beyond helpful when I checked in/out or had any questions. They are very accommodating for pets and have the free continental breakfast every day as well.

The only complaints I have is that the internet didn't work all that great in my room. I had to sit in a certain location to even get any work done. But if you go to the office, it works great! Also, there's a construction project next door which makes noise during the day, so that's kind of annoying.. But other than that, this place was absolutely fantastic!! I have family in the area and I will definitely stay there when I go down there again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo