“An Amazing Stay”

Hampton Inn Turnersville (Philadelphia Area)
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Blackwood
Rockaway, NJ, United States
“An Amazing Stay”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

I would like to take this opportunity to commend the staff of the Philadelphia Area Hampton Inn. I found the staff to be warm, welcoming, and professional. They truly made us feel that they cared about our stay. We were in the area due to a family wedding. Your front desk staff not only provided us with helpful directions to the wedding location, but also offered to take pictures of our family when we were all dressed up and ready to go to the wedding! Clearly, this is a staff that cares about its guests!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Nokomis, United States
Reviewed August 11, 2014

I stayed at this Hampton Inn as an overnight destress escape from a few crazy weeks at work. I booked the hotel as it had a jacuzzi suite that I thought would be very relaxing -- and I was looking forward to locking myself into my own private get-away --- and enjoy the quiet -- From the time I came in -- the front desk staff was not professional --They were busy with a lunch delivery order for the employees -- and sorting out who owed who what while I waited to be taken care of. I was not offered the normal "bottles of water" for the Hilton Honors guest (I am a Gold Member -- based on how much I travel for work and usually love staying at Hilton properties -- mostly Hampton Inns). Once in the room -- a dirty film was around the inside of the jacuzzi (total turn off) -- and a hair on the bottom -- with black flecks of ???? coming out of the drains or pumps. This was the reason why I came ...for the large oversized tub -- which I did not want to use at this point. I was on the first floor -- and the people upstairs were running and jumping over and over again -- it sounded like kids doing some kind of flips maybe? The ceilings and floors are very thin. I did not stay overnight -- as I was just not relaxed or happy after the "little missteps". And worse --I spent my money to pay for the room -- which was not cheap -- and added some points to get the upgrade -- so I was out over $160 plus points for a not so nice experience.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

1 Thank Donna S
Kimberly J, General Manager at Hampton Inn Turnersville (Philadelphia Area), responded to this review, August 15, 2014
I am so sorry to hear about your stay. I sent you a personal email to rectify the situation, It is not a practice for us to have dirty jacuzzi tubs. I have taken the actions neccessary to make sure this never happens again. Hampton Inn stands behind it's 100% guarantee, if youre not happy, you dont pay. I have refunded you for your stay, and I hope you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations in the future.

Best Regards,

Kimberly Jones
finksburg, United States
Reviewed July 27, 2014

The staff at this hotel go out of their way to help you every time I stay. When I first stayed at this Hotel, I thought, "Boy- I must have hit them on a great day"- But I have stayed here several times now, and the staff is just marvelous! The breakfast staff will stay out of the kitchen and help everyone with what they need. Not like other Hotels, where the breakfast staff is non existent. These people always acknowledge "Good Morning and Have a nice day" to everyone! A nice way to start off your day.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Hotel is relatively easy to get to and accessible to Rt 42 on the way to the Jersey Shore. Friendly staff and adequate accommodations. Quiet and near fast food restaurants. Stayed in basement rooms and it had a bit of musty odor. Broken/out of service door made access to our car a little inconvenient.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

We had a two night stay earlier this week after flying into New York JFK. Handy to get to Philly with a drive in after 09:00 taking around 25 minutes and onward down to Atlantic City around an hour. The hotel public rooms are clean and looked after and we enjoyed a hot breakfast both days. The room we had was a little tired and did not have a safe. Plenty of coffee both in room and by reception. Every member of staff we spoke to was lovely and happy to chat. Should have stayed longer.

• Stayed June 2014
Houston, United States
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Great hotel to stay when visiting or on a business trip between Philidelphia and Hammonton, NJ. In addition, the price is right. The convenience of getting into the freeway and returning back to the hotel is awesome. I strongly recommend this hotel for all my fellow road runners.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Houston, United States
Reviewed June 17, 2014

The A/C unit was loud and not working properly. Staff was aware of the problem prior to assigning us to the room, but gave us this room anyway. The shower door fell off the track and was not repaired. There was not enough TP in the room.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Blackwood
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Blackwood
Best Western Monroe Inn & Suites
Courtyard Glassboro Rowan University
Fairfield Inn Deptford
Fairfield Inn Deptford
#1 of 3 in Deptford
Wingate by Wyndham Voorhees Mt. Laurel
Best Western Philadelphia South - West Deptford Inn

Been to Hampton Inn Turnersville (Philadelphia Area)? Share your experiences!