“Great Hotel for Group Stay”

Hampton Inn Turnersville (Philadelphia Area)
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Blackwood
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Hats off to the Hampton Inn Turnersville staff for such a wonderful experience during our large group stay at the hotel on May 4&5, 2012. We had a wonderful time the entire weekend and I strongly believe this will be our hotel of choice when we return in 2014. The staff should be commended for their hospitality, great breakfast, and comfortable rooms. We had a group of about 85 persons and only had a few minor issues not even worth discussion. The GM did all she could to accommodate us and was very helpful in our pre-trip planning. Our entire group plans to return to this great hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Linda W

Reviewed January 18, 2012

This Hampton Inn is well located. I read the reviews and found a few things from others to be true. First, I found a long black hair on my towel. My hair is blond. There was a used bar of soap in the sink when I arrived. Rooms were very clean and the linens were excellent. The breakfast was superb if you don't go near the scrambled eggs (which are usually fake anywhere). Biggest detractor of stars was the smoke from someone smoking every hour near my room. Either the staff or guests used an area near my room and every hour the smell woke me up. I had to get up, dampen a bath towel and put it at the bottom of my door to keep out the smell. "Locked outer door" was not locked when I got back at night. When I got back tired from working all day, my key did not work and there was a note that the desk clerk would be back in 5. Inconvenient at best. Other than these few things, the hotel is nice. It's just that to add it all up, I wouldn't give it 5 stars.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank janetoco
Reviewed January 16, 2012

This inn is relatively new. Very clean. Comfortable beds. Hot coffee available in the foyer off reception desk.
Unfortunately, the A/C, heater, below window units are very loud and inefficient. On arrival, the initial room given had such a loud unit I could not hear the clerk on the phone. My room was not changed until the next morning. (Pleasantly, a $20 credit was given toward a local restaurant.) The unit in the next room was a little quieter but not very efficient. Most unusual, however, was the fact that there was no hot water at the sink or shower - only lukewarm. When I brought this to the attention of the receptionist at check out she stated that the water wasn't hot because it was cold outside. Incredible.

Room Tip: Check for hot water before you unpack.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank VoyagerFour
Reviewed December 29, 2011

My family and I stayed that the Hampton in Blackwood during Christmas weekend. I was very pleased with the accommodations. The front desk personnel were very helpful. My room was near the elevators, however I never heard any noise. The rooms were clean and spacious and the decor was not overpowering. The beds were very comfortable. It appeared that all rooms have both a microwave and small refrigerator which came in handy. It was great that the free wireless actually worked in the room! I was able to log onto the internet each night and check e-mails. The bathroom was clean; however the handle on the toilet had to be held down a few seconds before the toilet would flush. The breakfast was good. There was a nice variety of eggs, bacon or sausage, oatmeal, fresh fruit and beverages such as coffee, tea, water or juice. I really like that the hotel had coffee and tea available at anytime during the day or night. The hotel is in a great location with many fast food restaurants nearby and also many shopping centers in the vicinity. I would definitely stay at this Hampton Inn in the future.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I had been staying at this property on and off for the past 3 months with apx 3-4 rooms per week for work in the area. The staff knew me and my guys and most were fine but some of the staff we very unfriendly.
I called at 10:30pm to let the on duty person that I was coming but will be late. When I arrived the room was not ready and they made me wait for 55 min at the front desk because for some reason my room was cancelled!! The computer was also having an issue and I was told I had to wait! Very unprofessional and very rude!!!
Will not return until I find out that the Staff changes!!

Room Tip: Never stay in the basement!! Musty smell and damp..
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Terry T
Reviewed September 3, 2011

As a person who has been in the hotel busness for over 20 years I have never stay at a hotel where the entire staff was unfriendly, very unprofessional, rude and unknowledgeable including the GM, will never stay again, slippery floor, water in the elevator, bugs in guest rooms, room smells like mildew, waited at the front desk for 20 min before me help and not ever a hello, staff out of uniform,breakfast was limited and lady wasnt pleasant,pool was dirty, bill wasnt correct and my 100% wasnt honor, for a property that not even a year old the property is very dirty and run very poor, good luck keeping the Hampton Inn flag with an uncareing staff

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank sugar011
Kimberly J, Manager at Hampton Inn Turnersville (Philadelphia Area), responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2011

When I spoke with you on your way out of the hotel, I apologized and asked you what I could do to make it better. I did envoke the 100% guarantee, which was to make your first night complimentary. I also offered for you to give us another chance to make it up to you and offered you a free night next time you were in the area.

I am sorry that you did not feel that I was professional or courteous, but I did all I could within my means to try to make it right. I hope in the future you will allow us to make it right.

Reviewed August 23, 2011

Very good stay, the hotel met my needs, clean, comfortable, good location. Plenty of places to eat, easy to get to. Pleasant check in, and check out.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blackwood
Best Western Monroe Inn & Suites
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Blackwood
Courtyard Glassboro Rowan University
Courtyard Deptford
Courtyard Deptford
#2 of 3 in Deptford
Best Western Philadelphia South - West Deptford Inn
SpringHill Suites Voorhees Mt. Laurel/Cherry Hill

Been to Hampton Inn Turnersville (Philadelphia Area)? Share your experiences!