“No Hot Water” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Turnersville (Philadelphia Area)

Hampton Inn Turnersville (Philadelphia Area)
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Blackwood
New York
“No Hot Water”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2012

This inn is relatively new. Very clean. Comfortable beds. Hot coffee available in the foyer off reception desk.
Unfortunately, the A/C, heater, below window units are very loud and inefficient. On arrival, the initial room given had such a loud unit I could not hear the clerk on the phone. My room was not changed until the next morning. (Pleasantly, a $20 credit was given toward a local restaurant.) The unit in the next room was a little quieter but not very efficient. Most unusual, however, was the fact that there was no hot water at the sink or shower - only lukewarm. When I brought this to the attention of the receptionist at check out she stated that the water wasn't hot because it was cold outside. Incredible.

Room Tip: Check for hot water before you unpack.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank VoyagerFour

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

My family and I stayed that the Hampton in Blackwood during Christmas weekend. I was very pleased with the accommodations. The front desk personnel were very helpful. My room was near the elevators, however I never heard any noise. The rooms were clean and spacious and the decor was not overpowering. The beds were very comfortable. It appeared that all rooms have both a microwave and small refrigerator which came in handy. It was great that the free wireless actually worked in the room! I was able to log onto the internet each night and check e-mails. The bathroom was clean; however the handle on the toilet had to be held down a few seconds before the toilet would flush. The breakfast was good. There was a nice variety of eggs, bacon or sausage, oatmeal, fresh fruit and beverages such as coffee, tea, water or juice. I really like that the hotel had coffee and tea available at anytime during the day or night. The hotel is in a great location with many fast food restaurants nearby and also many shopping centers in the vicinity. I would definitely stay at this Hampton Inn in the future.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
West Simsbury
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

I had been staying at this property on and off for the past 3 months with apx 3-4 rooms per week for work in the area. The staff knew me and my guys and most were fine but some of the staff we very unfriendly.
I called at 10:30pm to let the on duty person that I was coming but will be late. When I arrived the room was not ready and they made me wait for 55 min at the front desk because for some reason my room was cancelled!! The computer was also having an issue and I was told I had to wait! Very unprofessional and very rude!!!
Will not return until I find out that the Staff changes!!

Room Tip: Never stay in the basement!! Musty smell and damp..
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Terry T
Bordentown, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2011

As a person who has been in the hotel busness for over 20 years I have never stay at a hotel where the entire staff was unfriendly, very unprofessional, rude and unknowledgeable including the GM, will never stay again, slippery floor, water in the elevator, bugs in guest rooms, room smells like mildew, waited at the front desk for 20 min before me help and not ever a hello, staff out of uniform,breakfast was limited and lady wasnt pleasant,pool was dirty, bill wasnt correct and my 100% wasnt honor, for a property that not even a year old the property is very dirty and run very poor, good luck keeping the Hampton Inn flag with an uncareing staff

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank sugar011
Kimberly J, Manager at Hampton Inn Turnersville (Philadelphia Area), responded to this review, September 5, 2011
When I spoke with you on your way out of the hotel, I apologized and asked you what I could do to make it better. I did envoke the 100% guarantee, which was to make your first night complimentary. I also offered for you to give us another chance to make it up to you and offered you a free night next time you were in the area.

I am sorry that you did not feel that I was professional or courteous, but I did all I could within my means to try to make it right. I hope in the future you will allow us to make it right.
NEW JERSEY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

Very good stay, the hotel met my needs, clean, comfortable, good location. Plenty of places to eat, easy to get to. Pleasant check in, and check out.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
nyc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2011

PROS:
--clean and spotless
--friendly front desk service
--microwaves and fridges in room are clean and functioning
--large bathrooms
--high ceilings
--comfortable beds
--left too early to experience the breakfasts but have heard that they have a decent hot and cold breakfast spread.
--high-speed, easy-to-log-into WIFI
--safe location

CONS
--This is really petty but the only thing that bothered me... our black out curtains in the room were not build so that we could pull the covers over the windows 100%.. just to the sides. So the center of the window was covered with a white gauzy curtain that i'm sure one couldn't really see through but I would have appreciated that extra level of privacy to have my drapes completely drawn.

Would I stay here again? Yes, absolutely. I only stayed for one night but it seemed like a totally reliable, clean and safe location.

Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank santokkie
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2011

First off lets start with the good. This is a newer very clean property. The room was very clean well-furnished, tastefully decorated and beds were super comfortable. The staff was friendly and efficient at check-in. The location is excellent for dining and shopping.

I ran into a few problems here that I never had experienced before with Hampton Inn. I have stayed at dozens of Hampton Inns from coast to coast and never received as many customer service problems as at this property.
Our room was not serviced by housekeeping on our first night of our stay. I notified the front desk and they told me that if someone is in the room sleeping they won't service the room. There was NO one in room for entire day. They also said if I leave do not disturb sign on door that room would not be serviced. There was no sign on door. I told them it was an obvious housekeeping oversight. I not offered any compensation for the inconvenience as I usually would have when this happened before at Hampton. This happened to me about 5 years ago and was apologized to and was immediately credited with a free night. Instead the front desk agent made it look like it was my fault and said she would look into it.

Secondly, the breakfast was below par compared to what I have been used to with Hampton Inn. There was no fruit salad or yogurt. The hash browns were mushy. The eggs were rubbery and dried out.

Also, the internet service was not even close to being high-speed as promised. It was not any faster than dial up modem. It often would lose connection and was just painfully slow. Very difficult to do any web surfing. Never had such slow internet service at a Hampton Inn.

I was really shocked of all the service issues at this property and was not offered any compensation as promised in the 100% satisfaction guarantee. I shouldn't have to ask for it. This is very a nice and clean property but if anything happens during your stay don't expect the 100% guarantee to be honored.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Paulguyinnj
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blackwood
BEST WESTERN Monroe Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Philadelphia/Voorhees
Residence Inn Deptford
Residence Inn Deptford
#2 of 2 in Deptford

Been to Hampton Inn Turnersville (Philadelphia Area)? Share your experiences!