“Loud and noisy”

Cross street: Finley Avenue
Flanders, New Jersey
“Loud and noisy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

Since the change over from Due Terre it is no longer on my list of places to dine. The big open space is loud and very annoying for dinner conversation.

Visited June 2012

Near New York
“One and done”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

Sadly, I share the disappointment a previous reviewer expressed at the reincarnation of a restaurant my husband and I often enjoyed. In its new approach, Osteria Morini features an uninspired menu of primarily pizza and pasta with only a few--very few--fish and meat choices. During our one visit we both ordered salads and found them fresh though overdressed. Our entrees were built the same homemade pasta we enjoyed in the past but the combinations were not remarkable and were modest in size. We did not order coffee or dessert. The wine list appeared to be unchanged. What did change was the decor. The renovated interior doesn't work. The large, open room is crammed with furniture raided from a Pottery Barn warehouse sale, doesn't have clear pathways for waitstaff or patrons, and is uncomfortable. The wall decor is hokey and not suited to the space. The new rendition has no intimacy and isn't appealing to couples. I'm sorry to say that we will not be back.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank AHappyCouple87
Verona, New Jersey
“An authentic taste of Italy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012

If you like fresh homemade pasta, delicate and hearty sauces,the amazing tastes from the Emilia-Romagna region of Northern Italy, then this is your place. It's worth it to take a ride in the countryside of Jersey and find yourself in a very authentic appearing eatery, right down to the decor .
Don't miss the extensive wine collection, try a different one with each course. The service and the staff was great.
Don't miss out on this little taste of Italy in New Jersey. Thank You Chef Michael
and Buon Appetito!!

• Visited April 2012
NewJersey
“Was Disappointed to say the least”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2012

We have dine at Due Terre many times and enjoyed it very much, so when they changed the venue we decided to give Osteria Morini a try and have to say we were disappointed. The restaurant is all one level now and somehow seems smaller, found the noise level a bit high and the tables a bit close especially near the bar area. I was glad that we were not sitting in that area as to much foot traffic constantly going by. We found the menu to be a bit pricey given the ambiance. I had the meatball appetizer and my husband had the soup.... I found the meatballs to be flavorless, my husband said the soup was okay. For the entree I had the Pasta Rags with wild mushrooms, I don't think all the mushrooms in the dish were wild, thought some were definitly from a can, I ordered the larger size plate and for $20 it was not as large as I thought...I'm guessing that the smaller size must be quite small. Husband had the Pasta with Manila Clams and was disappointed with the small size of the dish and tiny clams. For Dessert we tried the olive oil cake and the marble cake. My husband sent the marble cake back, it was sooo small and stale, the olive oil cake, small and not very tasty, coffe not very hot and the cappuccino very small. So, dinner w/ $45 bottle of wine minus the stale dessert that they removed from the bill (after they had to get the okay from the manger) was $125.00 before tip. Won't be back..

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Igo57
Monroe, New Jersey
“Fabulous restaurant, great food, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2012

We were very excited to learn that this local favorite was undergoing a change and we certainly had some concern as to how it would turn out. Well our concerns were indeed unfounded! Morini is now our restaurant of choice! Gerardo, the man in charge was gracious to a fault, a laugh a minute and had a truly fantastic understanding of all things wine and food. So much so that we (wife and I) asked him to order our entire dinner and pair the proper wines. Every pairing with every dish, right down to desert was spot on and we were treated to a few wines that we had never tasted before so... our evening with them was truly fantastic and next month can't come soon enough when we plan to return, counting the minutes! Gerardo, Dave and the entire staff are fantastic, very, very well done Morini's!!!

• Visited March 2012