“One of the top 5 restaurants in New Jersey”

The Bernards Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bernards Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Route 202 & Quimby Lane
Transit: NJ Transit Train to Bernardsville, Peapack Line, station is across the street.
Description: Renowned for exquisite dining and an award-winning wine collection, the Bernards Inn offers two magnificent dining rooms - The Great Room and Conservatory - along with a warm, clubby piano bar featuring live entertainment Wednesday through Saturday. The fine dining restaurant features progressive American cuisine prepared under the direction of Executive Chef Todd Mark Miller and a 12,000-bottle wine collection from Wine Director Terri Baldwin.
Reviewed December 6, 2009

Outstanding cuisine, service and atmosphere. Unless you experience this place, you can't describe what you're missing. It has such an amazing buzz. I look forward to each season as the menus change with them. The "old school" service leaves you wanting for nothing yet the atmosphere is lite and fresh. This is a must experience.

Reviewed January 10, 2009

Let me preface this by saying that I NEVER write a bad review. In fact, I usually make fun of people that do and 9 times out of 10 think they're closet losers that need perfection 24/7.

Now that I got that out of the way, I can tell you that we went to this restaurant because we've only heard good things about it. Well let me tell you something, it was far from good. Where should I begin..

1. They didn't tell us the specials that they randomly told the family next to us.

2. They neglected to bring us our requested wine TWICE, from two different waiters. We were without drink our entire entree.

3. The food - where was the taste? The lump crab cake appetizer was lump crab shell with some crab.

4. The bottle wine - I'm not one to complain about pricing. I pay what I need to in order to have a good time, but any bottle I found where I knew the store price was almost 3 times what you would normally pay. I'm really OK with paying double, as that's the norm. I can't stand when someone, in this case The Bernards Inn, rips people off.

This place left us with such a nasty taste, pun intended, that we didn't even want to think of any kind of dessert. Something that we always get and that most places cannot mess up.

All in all, we paid $150+ for crap. The long awaited Reisling was the only good tasting thing that we had.

/ End Rant

6  Thank ihatebernadsinn
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed March 23, 2008

I end up here once or twice a year and always wonder why I don't come more often. Food, Service and Wine are always superb. Sommelier, Teri Baldwin, is very knowledgeable and has put together a very smart list. Heavy concentrations of many vintages of some special wines. Top quality place.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed March 9, 2008

best place to enjoy your upscale dinner while listening live piano...

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook