“Great casual spot for dinner”

The Claremont Tavern
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Jackets required
Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I come here all the time and we've never been disappointed. Great burgers, great personal pizza's, great appetizers and entrées...you really can't go wrong! A really nice spot for a beer and a good dinner.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

We've been to the Tavern a few times - for lunch and dinner. Lunch is a far more sedate experience. Dinners, depending upon the time you go, can be a bit more 'exciting' and by that I mean there are children present. Unfortunately, for me I must have gone on the evening that children were not either provided seats or were not required to sit in them - because they were all over. The noise level was unreal. Of course this has more to say about the parents who raise such children than about the restaurant itself, so I'll move on...
The burgers were great - and a good safe bet. Sandwiches are also very well done and you certainly will not leave hungry.
Good for a casual night (or lunch) out that won't break the bank. The bar is also good.

1  Thank come-sit-by-me
Reviewed November 24, 2012

a cozy little hangout with great beers and good menu choices....a cheaper alternative to the Bernards Inn and two minutes away

Reviewed September 8, 2012

I enjoy having a local restaurant/bar in town. The food is good, they need to do something with the wait staff though. We have been here around 5x already, and every time they just can't seem to get the orders correct or your waiting forever for a drink or your meal.

2  Thank Amy H
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We had to wait 1/2 hour past our reservation time while tables sat empty. The service was slow and the food was average.

1  Thank OpieBD