“1st Rate Experience”
Review of Bernards Inn

Bernards Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bernardsville
Reviewed July 9, 2014

What a great one night stay at the Bernards Inn for our 3 year wedding anniversary. The staff was extremely helpful and went above and beyond when it came to checking in, directions, and brief conversation. The "suprise" upgrade to a king sweet was an awesome touch and much appreciated with a great view of the street. The Bernards Inn is in a perfect location for exploring Somerville. The reason for the 4 stars and not 5 was due to the noise coming from early morning traffic, the train, the library bar/patio music late at night (even on a Tuesday), and then lack of sun blockage coming from the curtains. All in all a most pleasurable experience and would recommend and return.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DRsMama

Reviewed July 3, 2014

I cannot recommend the Bernards Inn enough. If you're a bride wondering where to host your event, and you're having a more intimate ceremony/reception like we did, then look no further! The Bernards Inn is PERFECTION.

We began planning this wedding shortly after my (now) husband proposed to me on January 1 of this year. Since I've been waiting my entire life to find "The One" and tie the knot, I didn't want to drag out our engagement. I decided June 28th would be the day to make it official. After considering alternate venues, debating elopement, and dealing with all the typical drama wedding preparation entails, we visited the Bernards Inn and fell in love.

I knew it was going to be "the" venue after reviewing the images of The Silver Vault online. I had a vision of how I wanted my wedding to be (I'd bought all sorts of vintage antiques and I created my own table decorations -- twine-wrapped bottles, etc. -- for that sort of shabby-chic look. Our initial wedding planner, Carrie, was kind and courteous and very friendly. She assisted us through all the initial hurdles of wedding preparation. My parents, my husband, and I were very impressed.

Carrie resigned from the staff about three weeks prior to my wedding. Jessica took over our wedding, and we were nervous about the switch up...after all, Carrie had been with us since day one! That said, it must have been FATE that Jessica picked up where Carrie left off... Jessica went through every single piece of decor I brought to the Inn (and I had a cargo van FULL of items), taking approximately 2 hours to suggest what would and would not work based on my wedding theme.

I was nervous that I wasn't going to be able to access the Silver Vault the day of our nuptials until close to the actual ceremony time. I found Jessica downstairs with the staff, ensuring every item was lovingly placed in the most perfect locations -- I couldn't have organized my things better myself! I was BEYOND relieved and pleased that Jessica "got" my vision, and helped me through every step leading up to the final moments before we wed.

The staff was BEYOND exceptional. The FOOD beyond exceptional. The service, the attention to detail, the preparation, the event itself, PHENOMENAL. My husband's aunt is a caterer and said in her 20 years on the job had never been to a better wedding (and that wasn't just because my husband is her nephew!).

A++++++ / 5 stars / top billing / the works!!!!

Thank you Jessica, and the Bernards Inn, for making my wedding vision a reality! We couldn't have done it without you all!!!!

BTW - We stayed in one of the largest rooms for the night of our wedding. It was GORGEOUS. Room 10! My Mother-in-law wrote the review below me -- see her review for additional details! :D

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ericaeducator
Reviewed June 30, 2014

My son and daughter in law had their wedding reception at Bernards Inn this past weekend and we couldn't have been more satisfied. The staff was courteous and attentive and Jessica, the event planner was knowledgeable and worked to make the bride's vision a reality.
The food was fabulous from the cocktail hour, the main meal and the lavish dessert buffet.
Our room was lovely and spacious. The linens were of beautiful quality and the king size bed was extremely comfortable.
It was nice to arrive to our room to a plate with homemade cookies and fruit along with a bottle of spring water. The bathrobes provided were plush and comfortable.
We had breakfast the morning after the wedding in the dining room. The organic 3 egg omelet gets an A+ from me. The home fries are some of the best I've ever eaten, golden brown and crisp on the outside and the inside soft and creamy. Our coffee was frequently refilled and the waitstaff attentive and pleasant.
I highly suggest Bernards Inn if you'd like a relaxing, pampered experience and/or to hold an event.
We look forward to returning.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank BostonSportsGirl11
Reviewed April 29, 2014

This is a beautiful place with great service.

The pros:
- the ambiance and old world charm
- nice new bathroom
- cute quiet town
- amazing food!
- no kids (perfect for our anniversary night away!)
- the service was fabulous

the cons
- street noise was a little noisey at night time
- the room was smaller than I expected
- no coffee maker in the room
- the wifi didn't work

We will definitely recommend this to friends looking for a romantic night away!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bianca07040
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Hosted our daughters bridal shower and spent one night. Great staff and very service oriented. Dinner and breakfast were delicious. Jessica the event planner is terrific and Pat our banquet server was excellent. The entire staff were gracious. The Inn is a little bit old but charming! read the history of this place in your in room guide. Nice touches here and there....

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room away from train station.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank sanlynn
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed there for 1 night only but it was enough. The rooms were very nice with a view of the city. The restaurant was expensive but the food was good. We had a wonderful stay and hope to come back soon!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 1, 2013

My three-night experience at the Inn during a business trip to nearby Far Hills could not have gone better. Smallish single room but extremely well-appointed with amenities only the best four star properties offer. The ambience of the place is extraordinary, and the level of service from the welcoming desk staff at check-in to the fabulous wait service staff in the restaurant and bar and the extremely well-preparaed and presented, delicious food make this a must-stay location if one is traveling through northern New Jersey.

Room Tip: One may wish to book a room away from the building's front on MIne Brook Road as this is a rathe...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Tartangolf
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bernardsville
Westminster Hotel
#3 of 4 in Basking Ridge
Dolce Basking Ridge
Dolce Basking Ridge
#1 of 4 in Basking Ridge

Been to Bernards Inn? Share your experiences!