“A Great Place for a Nice Lunch”

Fat Tomato Pizza & Grill
Ranked #5 of 35 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Eclectic italian homemade food, filled with rich flavors and a friendly causal dining experience.
Glen Rock, Pennsylvania
“A Great Place for a Nice Lunch”
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I visited with two business colleagues. The variety was very good and the food quality excellent. The owner personally asked me how my tilapia special was - how did he know that's what I ordered? I will definitely visit again when I'm back in the area.

• Visited April 2012

Mickleton NJ
“You will not be welcomed.”
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I had dinner at Fat Tomato this past Friday night with a friend. The owner came to our table to actually tell us we needed to leave within 10 minutes. When we were still drinking and talking 10 minutes later she came to our table began removing items and told us we must leave now people were waiting. As we left there was not a line not a person to be seen. I have never been so unwelcomed in a restaurant before. The food was average and with this treatment I will never return again. This owner has a lot to learn about hospitatilty.

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank stacey c
Eric A, Owner at Fat Tomato Pizza & Grill, responded to this review, February 5, 2012
Saying that there was no line of people to be seen is such a farce. Every Friday night, we are packed, with people whom love and appreciate the food we provide. So if we are going to start off on that foot lets respond in kind. You and your friend, are always welcome to our restaurant. What happened was that you sat at a table of 4 rather then a table of 2, which is what you wanted, and at the time we respected your request being that it was early and we were not busy as you have noted. But as time went on during the 2 and a half hours you sat at that table of 4, we became very busy. We politely asked that we would need your table in 15 to 20 minutes as people were waiting, and you had already finished eating and had your check. At which time you then said, lets have some coffee after you first said no. That's fine with us, we gladly serve the people whom come to our establishment. But to say we were rude to you and your friend by asking for you to please leave so that others waiting for a table could sit is hardly rude. We are a small mom and pop establishment with limited seating and you know this. We didn't intend for your interpretation of us asking for your table to be taken rudely. We do apologize if it came across this way.
Berlin, NJ
“A fabulous BYOB”
Reviewed April 4, 2009

Family owned and operated, The Fat Tomato offers consistently delicious, creative and excellently-prepared dishes. The owners pride themselves on offering fresh, quality ingredients. They use their own recipes, and never take short-cuts. Prime examples: they do not use frozen chicken breasts for their sandwiches; they cut, bread and fry mozzarella in triangles and serve it with homemade marinara; and, the desserts are not mass-produced, frozen cakes purchased from a supplier. They offer take-out, delivery and dine-in options and have a small private room. The service is nothing less than excellent.

My favs include "The Mayor" sandwich, spaghetti and meatballs, chicken parmesan, the fried mozzarella and the house salad (with sliced almonds and dried cranberries). My all-time fav dessert is a crepe filled with Hagaan Daaz vanilla ice cream with Grand Marnier-soaked strawberries.

Berlin, NJ
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best pizza in South Jersey!”
Reviewed February 23, 2009

Fat Tomato has without a doubt the very best pizza in South Jersey. I have gotten all of my friends and family hooked on this place! Nice variety of gourmet salads too, especially the antipasto salad. While the plain chesse pizza is my favorite don't be afraid to try some of the specialty pizza's on the menu, they are all awesome! The only down side is that the dinner entrees while very good are pricy and portions are somewhat small.