New Chinatown Chinese Restaurant & Sushi Bar
Ranked #16 of 38 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Love this place, especially the drive thru window!! They have great food, and the sushi is amazing. Also love that u can watch the chef prepare the sushi exactly to your liking!!

2  Thank Beennuts

Reviewed August 24, 2011

I have fond memories of my childhood when going out to a Chinese restaurant was a real treat. I re-lived those memories on a couple of different visits going to and from Atlantic City, from my home in Philly. The food is especially tasty and good - but don't get me wrong: this is the Americanized "Cantonese Cuisine" of my childhood, not authentic Chinese food. Dishes like Spare Ribs, Shrimp in Lobster Sauce, General Tso's Chicken, Egg Foo Young, etc. The service is very good, the place is very clean and attractive, the prices are moderate ... what's not too like?

1  Thank buddmar
Reviewed August 17, 2011

I find it difficult to find good black bean sauce in the area. This place has it. Not only good but they don't skimp on the chicken like other places do. Only negative would be that although the wonton soup is tasty, twice it came out luke warm.

1  Thank psa24
Reviewed June 22, 2011

I love this place. Food is fresh, tasty and cooked to order. Linen table cloths, great service. I love sushi, and was reluctant to order it from here, but when I did, i was VERY IMPRESSED. Excellent.

Rob and Nicki, Berlin, NJ

2  Thank RafterMan2
Reviewed February 23, 2008

We first discovered this restaurant a couple of years ago when our daughter went to a party nearby, and now we go there nearly every week.

We enjoy the food and service at New Chinatown. The servers, who seem to change every few weeks/months, are pleasant and try very hard. Level of English varies, but the servers definitely listen to the customers and remember us from one visit to the next and bring us our food exactly the way we want it.

The menu and spicing tend more towards the Thai. Prices are extremely reasonable and portions generous. (We would not necessarily recommend some of the fried Chinese appetizers.) They are happy to prepare items not on the menu or from the former menu....The creativity of the sushi presentation can vary depending on who is behind the sushi bar that given evening, but it is still very tasty.

Dinner includes ice cream--a nice treat. Bathrooms are very clean.....And the staff is very friendly. All in all, we enjoy our experiences there.

1  Thank GreenUnicorn