“A Welcoming Hotel”
Review of Belvidere Hotel

Belvidere Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Belvidere
Belvidere Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Belvidere
Norristown, Pennsylvania
“A Welcoming Hotel”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I stayed at the hotel off and on for 3+ months on business. Sydney, the owner, made sure that each stay was comfortable. The rooms were furnished with every thing I needed and always clean. The Continental breakfast was just what I needed to start my day. Overall, the hotel was the perfect place for my lodging needs. I would highly recommend it when you are in the area for business or pleasure. Also, Belvidere is a well kept secret in New Jersey; a charming Victorian Village that is worth some time to visit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed September 19, 2013

very convenient and a nice change of pace from the chains. you're likely to run into the owner who has a lot of local knowledge. the room that we stayed in was very basic - not luxurious but perfect for what we needed (and clean!). i understand that there are times when it's hard to get a room, other times it's wide open.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank wayne s
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Belvidere for the Victorian Days weekend. Sydney and his lovely wife are the perfect hosts. They were very helpful with directions and suggestions on where to eat. When I spoke with Sydney on the phone about booking a room there he was so helpful and patient. I told him I was coming for the Victorian Weekend and he told me that you could see the festival grounds from the rear of the hotel. Well, he was spot on and the hotel is one block from the festival grounds, right in the middle of everything. You can park your car in the hotel lot and leave it there which is great. You can have a drink or two and not have to worry about driving. Our room was immaculate, the ceiling fan was refreshing and the shower is big enough for two. The room was also quiet, we could relax when we wanted to without noise from other rooms disturbing us. We enjoyed the second floor veranda so calm and peaceful. Every area in the hotel was spotless, i mean really clean as we're all common areas and the verandas. You can tell just by walking through the building that the owners take great care of the building. The first floor salon takes you back in time. If you love historical buildings this is the place to go. Sydney is such a sweetheart and when he has time he will share with the history of the hotel. If you have the chance to visit Belvidere this is the place to stay and when you do ask Sydney to take you downstairs to the basement bar which is in the process of being restored it is amazing. Built sometime around 1900 it must have been in full swing during prohibition. It made me think of Boardwalk Empire and if maybe Al Capone had stopped there on his way to New York or Atlantic City. If those wall could talk. In conclusion the hotel is immaculate, the owners do everything they can to make your stay a pleasant one. I can't wait to go back and visit!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DeborahR91
LizonMorton
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I've stayed in this hotel twice -- it's centrally located if you need to stay in Belvidere, NJ and is a nice historic property with clean rooms. It doesn't have an elevator, which is to be expected in an old building, but can be a pain if you have a lot of luggage.

On my most recent stay, we reserved one of the suites for our family of four. The suite has a full kitchen -- full-size refrigerator/freezer, four burner stove, microwave, and sink but not a single dish, cup, bowl, pot, or serving utensil. I wanted to heat up some milk for my daughter's morning oatmeal and there wasn't a single thing in the suite that I could heat milk in. Even the bathroom cups were disposable plastic cups. So the suite is nice for the extra space, but the full kitchen is completely useless unless you bring your own cooking and serving items and haul them up the steep stairs.

I didn't have any complaints about the owner except that I find it odd that both times I've been there I needed to use the phone in the front hall to call and tell him I was there, when he turned out to be in the small office next to the front door and had to have heard us come in.

The included continental breakfast was decent.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank LizonMorton
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed April 7, 2012

I just came to visit for the holiday weekend. Great hotel and very friendly owners! Plus the hotel is very clean--which is always a plus. The hotel was recently restored but still has the old time charm. I would highly recommend to anyone and will stay here again.

Room Tip: I would ask for rooms in the back wing...we stayed on the front side and could here traffic from tim...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank David B
Hackettstown, New Jersey
Reviewed November 7, 2011

The owner is hostile and rude. He is a major pain and completely unpleasant to deal with.
You couldn't PAY ME to stay there or ever deal with him again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank k k
Dansville, New York
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Room was clean, bright, and very nicely appointed. Bathroom was fully tiled, immaculately clean, the plumbing fixtures new. The room temperature was comfortable in the August heat, the fan worked perfectly. Floors were like new, even though the hallway floors had the minor squeaks one might expect from a 180-year-old building. NO dirty, smelly carpets as in so many other hotels/motels! The complementary continental breakfast was very complete with a good variety of items, the perishables fresh, the parlor beautifully furnished. We were there for two consecutive nights. This is a very nice, quiet downtown Victorian hotel in a small town. Our only negative comment would be that the King bed was much too soft; nevertheless my wife and I managed to get a good 7-8 hours sleep both nights.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Larry H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belvidere
Stroudsmoor Country Inn
Super 8 Budd Lake
#1 of 4 in Budd Lake
Baymont Inn & Suites Bartonsville Poconos
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Country Club
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Cou...
#1 of 3 in Delaware Water Gap
Hampton Inn Easton
Hampton Inn Easton
#1 of 7 in Easton

Been to Belvidere Hotel? Share your experiences!